New DVLA Log Books being issued (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hiya everyone

Not been on often over the last week but just in case some of you are not aware.

Due to the theft of blank Log Books or vehicle registration documents the DVLA are now issuing new log books to all vehicles.

Our one for the motorhome arrived today.

When purchasing a vehicle please make sure you check the log book is a genuine one with the DVLA. Be careful and have a great Christmas.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
This process has been ongoing for over a year now.

The new red vehicle registration forms — or V5Cs — come with a letter telling recipients to destroy their current blue ones.

The red forms were introduced in August 2010, and to date around 16 million of them have been issued.
There are around 34 million registered vehicles in the UK and replacing every log book is expected to take another year.

The aim is to prevent motorists unwittingly buying a stolen or cloned vehicle after up to two million blank log books were apparently pinched in 2006. The DVLA said they were part of a faulty batch that were returned to printing contractors for destruction.

Up to 11,000 stolen forms have so far come to light with vehicles worth £13 million. If it begins with 'BG' or 'BI' then be cautious and check it

Replacing the 34 million logbooks will apparently cost the agency around £6 million. The DVLA charges a £25 fee for sending out a logbook if, for example, you lose your current one.

So if 34 million logbooks costs £6, thats about 18p each, so why then do they charge us £25 a go..... Don't you just love the DVLA.........

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
And theres more. Announced today that local Vehicle taxation offices are to be closed to make DVLA morer efficient. Mmm thinking silk purses and sows ears.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don't you just love the DVLA.........

I really don't know anyone who does, well, except the ones employed by them to obstruct the public, lose entitlements, lose documents, run up big pensions.

I made the mistake a while ago when a tax disc went missing, "OK I'll collect from Manchester". I walked into this room "Oh god no, tell me this isn't happening to me". Queues here, queues there. It was worse than the birth of my first daughter. Pacing round with all the other expectant person. But her you got a grilling from behind some desks thrown in.

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recieved one of the red ones for the car today. They have got it through quick we only got the car about a week ago. Not had the cheque refund though for the old cars tax refund which went in the same envelope

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back