New Ducato Sat Nav Not Working (1 Viewer)

Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Wonder if anyone out there has got a new Ducato and is having Sat NAV Issues.

Picked our new M/H up last week and all was OK. Stayed at the dealer on Saturday then Sunday programmed it and set off. Stopped for lunch then at a NT house and it then packed up and seemed to get lost. Looked at it when we stopped and when trying to enter a new destination it said unable to find a valid position.

Reset it to factory default and still the same. Went to a Fiat dealer who had a look and said it may be the aerial but here were no faults showing in the log but most likely needed a software upgrade but he did not have time so needed to book it in, reset it to factory from his laptop. In the GPS status screen there were no satellites showing.

So drove off and hey presto it worked again, all well and good. Stopped for lunch and again it failed, no satellites in the GPS status screen.

Resigned that it needed to go in thought I would book it in when I got home to the local dealer. Driving home on Tuesday and all of a sudden a few miles from home it kicked into action again and lots of satellites on the GPS status screen mmmm. Emptied van, had lunch and got in to take it to storage yard and guess what nothing.

Booked for the 7th July but wondering if anyone else had anything similar?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Perhaps it's agoraphobic and doesn't like being driven around in the big wide world? :D

Seriously, if it is powered but shows no satellites sometimes it sounds to me like the software is going stupid or the processor is faulty ... both of which mean it does need attention and possibly even replacement totally.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
.................. or there's a faulty connection to the aerial. In-dash units normally have a remote aerial.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back