New Driving Regulations In France From July 1, 2015 (1 Viewer)

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hmmm... you won't be running your business very effectively when your licence is taken away.

Try standing up before a judge and saying, well I think it’s perfectively safe to use a mobile phone whilst driving, see how far that gets you.

You can make all the excuses in the world but the world’s leading road safety organisations have pushed for tougher legislation, their advice follows huge research and analysis. Not one piece of science and research backs a watering down of the law.

People take their choice and have to live with the consequences, whether that is being unemployed or living with having caused the death of child through a moment’s inattention.

I for one fully back the law on this, you will find that the vast majority of people do.

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
We had an instruction that anyone caught using a mobile phone in a Thames Water van would be sacked no ifs or buts hands free or not

Neil
Quite right too.
Years ago, a solicitor phoned me, I answered, his first question "are you driving", "yes, I'm hands free", "sorry I can't talk to you" he hung up. Since then I have never answered the phone whilst driving, I now switch it off, I find even hearing it ring to be distracting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
hey pappa does he read things on this forum. ?
why are you at home?
You must have missed the thread last week were he was laid off due to firms lack of work.

It is one law in this country that bugs me only because it is considered acceptable to get a cigarette out, light it, smoke it using one hand, the same and maybe more so with a pipe or cigar. Mind opening the sandwich packet is challenging.
& rolling them also.:whistle:

The answer's more simple than that. They're exempt. Not just the police. Might apply to others too, such as radio hams. Check out the list of frequencies at the bottom of the web page below.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/2695/regulation/2/made

Love it or hate it, that's what our democratically elected legislators decided to do.

Shouldn't be though.

What I'm wondering is will they apply the new law to the riders of the Tour De France as they all have ear pieces and some have two way radio
Different rules apply as it is an organised race. Same applies here.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
You must have missed the thread last week were he was laid off due to firms lack of work.

& rolling them also.:whistle:

Shouldn't be though.

Different rules apply as it is an organised race. Same applies here.

no i didnt miss it . just thought if his old boss read that he might be looking for a way out.
was really only meant in fun .

ebikejohn

Free Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2006
Hmmm... you won't be running your business very effectively when your licence is taken away.

Try standing up before a judge and saying, well I think it’s perfectively safe to use a mobile phone whilst driving, see how far that gets you.

You can make all the excuses in the world but the world’s leading road safety organisations have pushed for tougher legislation, their advice follows huge research and analysis. Not one piece of science and research backs a watering down of the law.

People take their choice and have to live with the consequences, whether that is being unemployed or living with having caused the death of child through a moment’s inattention.

I for one fully back the law on this, you will find that the vast majority of people do.

The law is pretty clear, don't touch your phone whilst driving, use a proper handsfree kit, only use your phone when it is safe & legal to do so.

I don't disagree with that, I do disagree with you when you tell a previous poster that he or she is not running their business properly.

Yes, reckless use of a mobile telephone whilst driving would be dangerous but singling out the phone for blame is a mistake, how about the ever increasing complexity of so called infotainment centres fitted to cars, passengers (old & young), infuriating radio interviews with politicians - what would road safety organisations have to say about them if they carried out in depth research?

The driver that I fear most is the one who has an unerring belief in his or her superior driving skills.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Strange isn't it, that the ONLY mention of an even bigger distraction (SMOKING). Is that it is only illegal with a minor in the car?. So you can do one addictive habit, but not others?.

Ah! well typical woolly bureaucratic Thinking strikes again?.

btw. The worst thing that can happen with an earpiece is that when it falls onto your lap, at least it won`t burn your "Jewels"?

Pete

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
The distraction element of using a phone is certainly very dangerous, Just one little tip should you be pulled over by a French motorcyle police, they are very proud of thier uniforms, especially thier tight fitting trousers, DON, T call them mon capitain!

Why? What happened? :rofl::rofl:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Any one stupid enough to use there phone when driving and kills sumone deserves a life sentence my sisters boy was killed by a phone user all the arguments to justify phone us are Bull
Switch the :swear: off I drive for a living and it boils my piss when I see phoning and driving whether it is HGV or car or van

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Any one stupid enough to use there phone when driving and kills sumone deserves a life sentence my sisters boy was killed by a phone user all the arguments to justify phone us are Bull
Switch the :swear: off I drive for a living and it boils my piss when I see phoning and driving whether it is HGV or car or van
Spot on, Wildbill, agree 100%

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I am now siting at the side of the road waiting for my truck to be recoverd Ben her since abut 0900 sum one pulled out on me while using his phone no one hurt apart from my truck with a bent cab and car with stoved in off side front end
Was only doing 20mph he just came straight out at me
Bill

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I am now siting at the side of the road waiting for my truck to be recoverd Ben her since abut 0900 sum one pulled out on me while using his phone no one hurt apart from my truck with a bent cab and car with stoved in off side front end
Was only doing 20mph he just came straight out at me
Bill
There really is no excuse, it's dangerous, it's stupid AND it's illegal, what more do these morons need to know?

?

Deleted User

My cousin who is a truck driver is forever posting pictures on facebook of the traffic on the motorway whether busy or not. The odd occasion he posts them when on country roads. I keep telling him he is a tosser and deserves to lose his licence but as usual it falls on deaf ears. I binned a lot of people on facebook as they were starting to annoy me and he was one. Last week i seen him at a family funeral and i asked if he still used his phone while driving and all i got was Yip with a smile. "Still a tosser then" i said and walked away. :D

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Thay have taken my company phone to see if and when I used it and print out frome the taco thay will compare call log with taco
You know who thay would rather prosecut or percicut the truck driver
Ben given a cation
Bill
Edit also breathalysed thay ask me when I had my last drink abut three week's ago
Bill

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The accident I witnessed a couple of weeks ago, they took away his mobile and breathalysed him, I saw him using the phone, he hit the back of the car with quite a wallop, stupidity in the extreme IMO

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

100% with you
Bill

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
yes of course. the road is my number one focus, the conversation is my number 2 focus. When I am in the office I generally am juggling simultaneous calls, emails and people visiting in person and will still hear if a staff member across the room says something they shouldn't to a customer.. it is not hard to learn to concentrate intently on everything around you..

I admit not everyone can do it and some people will think they can when they can't but then they will be driving without due care and attention or whatever.. it doesn't need a nanny state law that penalises those of us who can and do make safe use of the technology available
The guy that killed my nephew though the Sam thing
Bill
Edit also the twat that ran into me today used the same argument
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back