New details about government monitoring of the internet. I'ts bad.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Gromett, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Gromett

Gromett Funster

2. barsteward

barsteward Funster

It really does beg the question. Who is really in charge of Britain?

Yes Prime minister?????

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

That is why we have a parliament to debate bills and, where necessary, amend them before they become law. I suggest that anyone concerned by the referenced sections get in touch with their MPs to ask that they argue against them. Having said that, any MP worthy of the job will be aware anyway.

4. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Well... did you really expect it to improve our freedoms.. You get the government you deserve:(

• Like Like x 3
  5. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

That'd rule out the vast majority.

This;

" Any law that forbids citizens from revealing what the government gets up to, or from speaking out about what they find, needs to be looked at with a very hard stare indeed. Yet that’s where we find ourselves with the draft Investigatory Powers Bill, aka the Snooper's Charter."

says it all:
    Why are countries introducing them ? They introduced one here , by using a 'decree' .Which is an instrument introduced for passing terrorism legislation & allows no debate in the house ;& ,like the UK, you find the scum using it for anything they fancy. Control is what it is about.

Personally if I was in the position I would just tell the world.
    It is similar to the law they introduced in the UK where if certain individuals, businesses ,etc; thought that there was something 'dubious' about where money came from then they were obliged to report their doubts ,with failure to do so punishable with 2 years & large fine. Additionally you are not allowed to notify or tell the person concerned in any way that you have doubts.
    So you have the situation whereby solicitors, accountants, car dealers , bank staff,etc; who are being paid by clients & working for them , are obliged to 'report' any doubts they may have.
    Very similar to how the Nazis worked.

6. chaser

chaser Funster

As I said in the previous thread, this has been building up since various governments have been pressing for everyone to have a computer and wildly available broadband, now they have got almost everyone relying on the things to do anything they have got us by the round things, personally if I can do something the old road I do and keep as little as possible on computer, but it is getting increasingly hard to do.

7. Jonkil

Jonkil Funster

As in an earlier thread.....We will all really need to get to know our onions ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Not a problem, those who need to know will know, they have the clearance if you don't know, you don't have the clearance.
    There are too many numpties out there who think its in the publics interest to know everything, the public don't need to know everything. How many times have lives been put at risk because journalists think it's ok to tell half a story? Where do they get these stories? Same with courts, some people have to be protected, because they are out there protecting the rest of us.
    :)

9. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Whooooosh !

Straight over my head.

• Like Like x 1