New curtains for MH and attaching tiebacks to wall (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
I'm making new curtains for the MH as our Bolero has stupid 6 inch wide strips either side of the window - no use for anything.
How safe are we to attach the tiebacks to the walls of the MH? If it helps it's a 2008 Swift Bolero 630EW.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Jill did the same when we bought our Burstner but we didn't bother with tiebacks at the windows because we didn't want to risk damaging the walls.

We did put tiebacks on the cab curtains, though, as there were originals screwed to the side bulkheads (we just replaced the material).

The side curtains slide a bit on the move sometimes but it isn't a problem to just shove them back when we arrive.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Why not use a small piece of velcro ? You can get different strengths but I don' t think you' d need very strong stuff to hold them in place. A bit on the wall and the corresponding bit at the back of the tie back.

Edit to add: you'll need Stick and Sew type: one part sticks on to the wall and the other sews to the tie back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Millie's Mum and Dad

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
Thanks Guys. I thought of Velcro, but didn't think it would stick to the walls. We'll give it a go.

Upvote 0

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
You can get hooks from diy stores and spermarkets in different sizes that stick to anything but are removable without damage at any time. Made by sellotape i think. I used them as key hooks

Upvote 0

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
These are in asda plus more options
20150826_123803.jpg

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Some self adhesive Velcro ( Heavy Duty) is so strong now that can even be used to hang up tools ! Only thing to watch is that if you remove it at a later date that the adhesive is so strong that it may take the surface of whatever it is stuck on so something to bear in mind on wood finishes :unsure:

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Some self adhesive Velcro ( Heavy Duty) is so strong now that can even be used to hang up tools ! Only thing to watch is that if you remove it at a later date that the adhesive is so strong that it may take the surface of whatever it is stuck on so something to bear in mind on wood finishes :unsure:

Many years ago I stuck a first aid kit to the wall of our van with Velcro. The kit was quite heavy so I used industrial strength Velcro. The only time we needed the kit in an emergency it would not come off the wall however hard I tugged at it. In the end I had to empty it into washing up bowl so I could take the contents out of the van.

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Not had a problem with Heavy Duty Velcro pulling apart (we have loads fitted in our motorhome & its garage) but if in doubt perhaps use the regular strength for light items like curtains.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back