New currency make your motorhome look cheap! (1 Viewer)

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Hi
I have been moaning about having to lend our children money, and I needed a way to put it in perspective.
So DH says, look at it like this - it's the cost of a week in a care home ....
Genius, now I feel free to buy anything! New ebike? 2 weeks in a care home .
And as I intend never to go in a care home that's it .
Now where is my credit card:))
What do you use to justify spending?
LC

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Spend it all and enjoy...... You will still get in a rest home if you need it but at least you wont have to pay for it............ Me?, I am also a too cautious, its habits of a lifetime after the end of war ration books......(y):LOL:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
My eldest got the hump and packed a big sad because we wouldn't loan them
The youngest has never asked

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
My mother's home was going to cost £2000 - a WEEK!!!!
cheaper to go on a round the World cruise.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
spending is what's keeping the economy going (+ridiculous house price inflation) Sad but true.... So keep it up girl however you want to justify it:)

why else the Tories so desperate for Sunday opening? they know the economy slowing and want to give it a bump.......European countries manage to keep Sunday special?...Tory Family values my ass!:whistle:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My very closest mate is relatively well off. He has his own airplane, Motorhome, boat, Grouse shoot in Scotland and a pheasant shoot down in the Chalk Valley in Wiltshire and regularly shoots as an invited (paying) guest around the country, but he is NOT flash.

When his daughter was getting married, his wife and daughter came home having found the wedding dress of her dreams and he was allowed to see the bride in all her finery and of course, big softy that he is had a quiet tear.

He asked his wife the cost of the dress only to be told to mind his own business. Several times he attempted to learn just how much this dress had cost him, but was unsuccessful.

Finally one day close to the wedding, he DEMANDED to know what it cost, and his lovely wife replied.

"put it this way dear, it's less than a single days shooting costs you!"

For a second or two he was struck dumb, then he replied........"Oh, very good value then."

The topic never came up again.:whistle:

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Hi
I have been moaning about having to lend our children money, and I needed a way to put it in perspective.
So DH says, look at it like this - it's the cost of a week in a care home ....
Genius, now I feel free to buy anything! New ebike? 2 weeks in a care home .
And as I intend never to go in a care home that's it .
Now where is my credit card:))
What do you use to justify spending?
LC
Exactly:)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Spend it all and enjoy...... You will still get in a rest home if you need it but at least you wont have to pay for it............ Me?, I am also a too cautious, its habits of a lifetime after the end of war ration books......(y):LOL:
Even with no savings they will have your house and unless you sorted it years ago there is no way to avoid it. Mother in law just spent £150000 over the last five years on a care home,,just passed away as she was running out of savings. House had to be sold to help with funding. You need to be in rented accommodation and have under £23500 in the bank to get free care.BUSBY.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Even with no savings they will have your house and unless you sorted it years ago there is no way to avoid it. Mother in law just spent £150000 over the last five years on a care home,,just passed away as she was running out of savings. House had to be sold to help with funding. You need to be in rented accommodation and have under £23500 in the bank to get free care.BUSBY.
Nearly right Busby, my mums care home which wasn't an extortionate place wanted £50.00 a week top up over and above what the council rates were at the time, God knows what the top up will be now with all the council cuts dopey Dave has made?

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Well care homes don't pay their workers anything so someone's making a fortune.....wonder who it could be:whistle:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not strictly true, a relative of mine was moved from hospital to a nursing home and the NHS is picking up the bill under what is called continuing care

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
not strictly true, a relative of mine was moved from hospital to a nursing home and the NHS is picking up the bill under what is called continuing care

Thats if you need nursing,,if you only need care you pay,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Nearly right Busby, my mums care home which wasn't an extortionate place wanted £50.00 a week top up over and above what the council rates were at the time, God knows what the top up will be now with all the council cuts dopey Dave has made?

If she had lived our top up would have been in excess of £250 a week next jan when her savings ran out,,,,BUSBY...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back