New Carthargo Range In The Mid Price

Discussion in 'Carthargo' started by Judge Mental, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

I'm not sure re the detail but Carthago releasing a new mid range of campers named the Malibu ( same name as their PVC range so a bit confusing). 3 integrated and 3 A class I think? (as details might of got lost in translation)

some info here prices start from approx £40K (imported)

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.promobil.de/&prev=search

a little more info here : http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/31933-carthago-and-malibu-preview-new-2016-motorhomes

"But that’s not all for Malibu, as it also revealed a new line of Malibu motorhomes in addition to the aforementioned luxury panel van conversions. For the 2016 season, these new Malibu motorhomes will be sold only in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, before branching out to other European markets in subsequent years. The range will consist of A-class and low profile models, and offer three layouts."

there is a Danish site with a couple of pictures but cant find it now. if promobil link dont work, info is on top task bar.

Eddie

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Granjan

Granjan Funster

Burstner are scrapping the Grand Panorama and down budgeting the Elegance, didnt like the GP but love our Elegance .... Shame.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bobbybcf

bobbybcf Funster

I am either thinking of a cathago e line. 5.8 or a burstner elegance any thoughts any one

4. Zepp

Zepp Funster

Both very good motorhomes I like the Cathago very good quality and also have good layouts nothing against burstners

You should also look at the FRANKIA 7900 good-H PLATIN MERCEDES 190 BHP A CLASS not cheap but very good quality .

one here http://www.smcmotorhomes.co.uk/details.asp?id=594

5. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

I would go for cathargo over burstner... don't forget to look at hymer as good value. I know a really good german Burstner dealer

6. Granjan

Granjan Funster

The Carthago looks like a really beautiful motorhome, depends on how much you want to spend, love the kitchen, tall storage. We have had our Elegance 810i since Aug 13, husband has poured over websites and through catalogues looking for a better ultimate motorhome. We have concluded that we would have to spend at least another£50 k to improve / upgrade what we have and we can't really see value for money in the differences at this point in time. We spend about 10 weeks away in ours. When/if we do trade up we would like the iveco cab, a kitchen as big as the one we have and a better central washroom area. We could happily loose a bit of length on the lounge. We didn't like the huge table top/laminate and replaced it with a smaller one using the same base. I like having 3 doors, makes it easy / safer to exit the MH wherever you are. Burstner have been great with all warranty issues. The new model burstners don't seem to be an improvement. We have been told that they are downgraded so the Hymer remains the groups flagship model. :mad:
    I told husband I would only trade if I could have a Morello http://www.morelo-reisemobile.de/en/models/morelo-loft/
    Thats my dream motorhome. Funnily enough he has decided he is happy with what we have got now! o_O

• Like Like x 1
  7. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Hi Granjan

The Morelo Loft is indeed a nice vehicle, in my view its the nicest cockpit area of any motorhome at the moment, they package the space very well and manage to build a spacious and luxury vehicle at less than 8 metres where most of their competition, Concorde, N+B Flair etc are all over 8 metres with the Charisma starting at 8.6 metres.

If you are anywhere near Schlusselfeld in Germany it is worth a look into Morelo as they are currently building a new showroom at the factory and the sales manager out there is very hospitable, and of course they have a UK dealer but sure you know that.

Martin

ps friends of ours have the first Loft supplied into the UK.

pps I agree about going for the IVECO base chassis.

8. Granjan

Granjan Funster

I just loved the Morello, the bed is huge! Everything just oozes quality, been to the dealer a couple of times which was dangerous, husband running scared that I would spend the money! He likes the N&B flair. He would like a better spec car too, might be a compromise agreement there somewhat, I am waiting for a very weak moment! He is choking on his cornflakes! I will google Schlusselfeld. :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

You will be spoilt for choice in Schlüsselfeld as there are three Reismobile manufacturers located there, namely Concorde, Phoenix and Morelo. Phoenix & Morelo were started by ex Concorde personnel, but Concorde were the first to open up in the town.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I think Burstner still use timber in the body construction, I would never buy a Motorhome built like that. From what I've seen of the Carthago Malibu T & A Class vans are very basic inside are similar to Hymer's Carado range. They haven't carried the lower spec through to the Malibu PVC that still has the same furnishings as the Chic's etc., (at the moment).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour Read Only Funster

Burstner stopped using wood in the body from 2012 when the GP was launched, after that each model to receive an update stopped using wood also except the budget models.

12. sciac2001

sciac2001 Funster

We've got a 2011 Aviano which after 3 years constant use is still as new. We looked at the current crop of Burstners at Dusseldorf and thought they were mightily inferior in quality and feel to what we have. It won't be a Burstner for us next time!

I always like the look of the Carthago. However, one Norwegian owner told us to beware because one of the a-class models (c-line?) is built in Slovenia or Slovakia and some members from his home club have reported serious quality probs.

13. bellabee

bellabee Funster

Agree with @sciac2001 re decline in Burstner quality. When we sold our 2008 Nexxo, we fully intended to replace it with another Burstner. However, we were so disappointed when we looked at the new ones. The quality was no where near as good as the one we had sold.
    We bought a Hymer in the end.