New Carthargo Range In The Mid Price (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I'm not sure re the detail but Carthago releasing a new mid range of campers named the Malibu ( same name as their PVC range so a bit confusing). 3 integrated and 3 A class I think? (as details might of got lost in translation)

some info here prices start from approx £40K (imported)

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.promobil.de/&prev=search

a little more info here : http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/31933-carthago-and-malibu-preview-new-2016-motorhomes

"But that’s not all for Malibu, as it also revealed a new line of Malibu motorhomes in addition to the aforementioned luxury panel van conversions. For the 2016 season, these new Malibu motorhomes will be sold only in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, before branching out to other European markets in subsequent years. The range will consist of A-class and low profile models, and offer three layouts."

there is a Danish site with a couple of pictures but cant find it now. if promobil link dont work, info is on top task bar.

Eddie

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Burstner are scrapping the Grand Panorama and down budgeting the Elegance, didnt like the GP but love our Elegance .... Shame.

bobbybcf

Free Member
Jan 16, 2016
bickenhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
I am either thinking of a cathago e line. 5.8 or a burstner elegance any thoughts any one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Both very good motorhomes I like the Cathago very good quality and also have good layouts nothing against burstners

You should also look at the FRANKIA 7900 good-H PLATIN MERCEDES 190 BHP A CLASS not cheap but very good quality .

one here Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I would go for cathargo over burstner... don't forget to look at hymer as good value. I know a really good german Burstner dealer

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
The Carthago looks like a really beautiful motorhome, depends on how much you want to spend, love the kitchen, tall storage. We have had our Elegance 810i since Aug 13, husband has poured over websites and through catalogues looking for a better ultimate motorhome. We have concluded that we would have to spend at least another£50 k to improve / upgrade what we have and we can't really see value for money in the differences at this point in time. We spend about 10 weeks away in ours. When/if we do trade up we would like the iveco cab, a kitchen as big as the one we have and a better central washroom area. We could happily loose a bit of length on the lounge. We didn't like the huge table top/laminate and replaced it with a smaller one using the same base. I like having 3 doors, makes it easy / safer to exit the MH wherever you are. Burstner have been great with all warranty issues. The new model burstners don't seem to be an improvement. We have been told that they are downgraded so the Hymer remains the groups flagship model. :mad:
I told husband I would only trade if I could have a Morello Broken Link Removed
Thats my dream motorhome. Funnily enough he has decided he is happy with what we have got now! o_O

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Granjan

The Morelo Loft is indeed a nice vehicle, in my view its the nicest cockpit area of any motorhome at the moment, they package the space very well and manage to build a spacious and luxury vehicle at less than 8 metres where most of their competition, Concorde, N+B Flair etc are all over 8 metres with the Charisma starting at 8.6 metres.

If you are anywhere near Schlusselfeld in Germany it is worth a look into Morelo as they are currently building a new showroom at the factory and the sales manager out there is very hospitable, and of course they have a UK dealer but sure you know that.

Martin

ps friends of ours have the first Loft supplied into the UK.

pps I agree about going for the IVECO base chassis.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
I just loved the Morello, the bed is huge! Everything just oozes quality, been to the dealer a couple of times which was dangerous, husband running scared that I would spend the money! He likes the N&B flair. He would like a better spec car too, might be a compromise agreement there somewhat, I am waiting for a very weak moment! He is choking on his cornflakes! I will google Schlusselfeld. ::bigsmile:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You will be spoilt for choice in Schlüsselfeld as there are three Reismobile manufacturers located there, namely Concorde, Phoenix and Morelo. Phoenix & Morelo were started by ex Concorde personnel, but Concorde were the first to open up in the town.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think Burstner still use timber in the body construction, I would never buy a Motorhome built like that. From what I've seen of the Carthago Malibu T & A Class vans are very basic inside are similar to Hymer's Carado range. They haven't carried the lower spec through to the Malibu PVC that still has the same furnishings as the Chic's etc., (at the moment).

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Burstner stopped using wood in the body from 2012 when the GP was launched, after that each model to receive an update stopped using wood also except the budget models.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We've got a 2011 Aviano which after 3 years constant use is still as new. We looked at the current crop of Burstners at Dusseldorf and thought they were mightily inferior in quality and feel to what we have. It won't be a Burstner for us next time!

I always like the look of the Carthago. However, one Norwegian owner told us to beware because one of the a-class models (c-line?) is built in Slovenia or Slovakia and some members from his home club have reported serious quality probs.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Agree with @sciac2001 re decline in Burstner quality. When we sold our 2008 Nexxo, we fully intended to replace it with another Burstner. However, we were so disappointed when we looked at the new ones. The quality was no where near as good as the one we had sold.
We bought a Hymer in the end.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back