Sep 29, 2012
Stirling
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi there,
I'm new on here and am currently looking for a 5 or 6 berth A class motorhome, for me and the family (wife & 3 kids) to enjoy all year round (Hymer or Niesmann & Bischoff).
We are in Central Scotland and so far I/we have done a couple of big round trips to see motorhomes that have turned out to not be as described - basically floors full of damp & rot and not being 'tidy' as previously listed in their adverts.
I fully understand that with a budget of under £13,000 we are not going to get a modern vehicle in pristine condition, but.... You would think people would be more honest when they know you are travelling 400 miles to come and see a vehicle! Rant over.
My wife & I used to have motorhomes & campervans for a few years from about 1998, but since then we've started a family and now want to get back into it, not least to save a bit on having to holiday during school holidays.
That's about it really, other than I am a photographer & stand-up comedian - I know, I don't sound very funny do I?
Thanks in advance for any tips or help.
Seppi

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi seppi, welcome to the fun, comedy is a serious business (sorry JJ beat you to it) I'm sure there are lots of vans out there that would suit you, and glad to see you are able to walk away even after travelling 400 miles At least you stand a chance of getting a good one. :thumb::bigsmile:o check out the chatroom of an evening.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Welcome from us here in sweden, iam sure you will find a mh soon that fits your bill, but as you know watch out for the bandits out there, private and buisness, take a good damp meter with you, cheers alf&m:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: Sorry to hear of your trips but the barstewards think it funny to let people travel to look at sheds :cry: I remember when I first started looking, you would not belive what I had to look at :Doh: And I asked all right questions about damp etc and said I was traveling above 100 mls to view but they still said no damp :Eeek:On e bloke had me travel 130 mls to see his van (parked up beside a canal )it could not have had more damp if it was in the canal,green mould everywhere :Eeek:GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH :thumb:HAVE A LOOK AT SNOWBIRDS VAN :thumb:well looked after but not sure on size
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back