Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I'm speachless Keith and Sharon.

I do hope they dont mess you around much more and spoil your ownership of Woody.

Good luck guys.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Keith and Sharon
I'm really saddened by all of this, if it were me I'd be spitting blood by now, it beggars belief, a full service and PDI done yet glaring dangerous faults a grease monkey could have spotted have gone unnoticed ???? I don't think so, no mechanic worth his salt could have missed these faults, I'm willing to bet that they never even looked at it before handing over the keys.
This sorry tale needs to be made public, no matter what recompense they make.. it's totally disgusting to treat customers this way, my faith in Travelworld is now zero, I just hope you get Woody back soon and he gives you years of trouble free travelling..

Good luck .. Jim

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
So sorry to hear of your problems Keith. Hope you get sorted soon. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Keith,
:Eeek:
Now I'm able to read the thread, I wish I hadn't!:whatthe:

I cannot even pretend to understand how you and Sharon feel. June has just read the saga over my shouder and passed a few impolite comments about travelwolrd (delib spell mstk). (please put your own interpretation on "impolite comments")

All I can think of are trite sayings like "non illegitimi carborundum", but there really aren't sufficient words I can say here that either won't be moderated, or get my account closed.

Spoken to the CAB or a solicitor yet? :thumb:

As you know, Tworld were one of our preferred companies when looking for our first van. I still get phone calls from them asking how things are, and if we have made a decision yet? I am stringing them along until you get Woody sorted to your satisfaction before telling them that I already have a van from the best little company in the Soggy Cotswolds.

Papa

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Keith,
:Eeek:
Now I'm able to read the thread, I wish I hadn't!:whatthe:

I cannot even pretend to understand how you and Sharon feel. June has just read the saga over my shouder and passed a few impolite comments about travelwolrd (delib spell mstk). (please put your own interpretation on "impolite comments")

All I can think of are trite sayings like "non illegitimi carborundum", but there really aren't sufficient words I can say here that either won't be moderated, or get my account closed.

Spoken to the CAB or a solicitor yet? :thumb:

As you know, Tworld were one of our preferred companies when looking for our first van. I still get phone calls from them asking how things are, and if we have made a decision yet? I am stringing them along until you get Woody sorted to your satisfaction before telling them that I already have a van from the best little company in the Soggy Cotswolds.

Papa
Has,nt Lindy rung yet to see if your ready for a new one:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks Papa
They will not grind me down mate :roflmto:
John, Jim and Ken, I am seriously hoping that we will have Woody back in time for this coming weekend as it is half term (yes they have had our RV for a full half a school term :Eeek:) because we are desperate to get away and as we have cancelled several weekends already.......

Keith

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

If they do not get it ready just ask them what they are going to lend you. They must have a monocco hiding away somewhere

stew

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Thanks Papa
They will not grind me down mate :roflmto:
John, Jim and Ken, I am seriously hoping that we will have Woody back in time for this coming weekend as it is half term (yes they have had our RV for a full half a school term :Eeek:) because we are desperate to get away and as we have cancelled several weekends already.......

Keith

I do hope when everything is resolved you can diary on the forum EVERYTHING that has gone on so others can see what the best is like:Doh::RollEyes:

Hoping to se you soon.

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi John
Sorry for the delay in responding to your post, I was waiting until we got Woody back so that I could put up a post to let everyone know what had gone on. I haven't done that yet because Woody is STILL not anywhere near sorted :Eeek:, despite the fact that we had a "home visit" from one of Travelworlds technicians (he is a really nice and knowledgeable chap who was surprised that the radiator leak was still present and it still didn't want to start??????
I will be posting the whole story once we are satisfied that we have got a decent, roadworthy vehicle, that starts and runs and doesn't spew out water every time the motor runs.......
I will also be getting a large capacity hard drive to allow me the space to type up the full report :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Ps, Fitted a new back up camera at the weekend, this is the forth one I have fitted to various motorhomes, so I am starting to get the hang of it now :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Keith and Sharon

:secret: I think you know how we all feel :swear:

Good luck for a speedy resolution to this now ridiculous saga.

M

mnd

Deleted User
Shine on!:Sad: I've just read the whole story Keith and it saddens me!:Eeek:
uncertain now whether we wish to deal with these people

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Shine on!:Sad: I've just read the whole story Keith and it saddens me!:Eeek:
uncertain now whether we wish to deal with these people

A few months ago we decided to visit them and see if we could trade our RV in against one of theirs. We agreed a trade in deal against another RV and they said we needed to get ours MOT'd so it had 12 months ticket on it. I got the MOT done within 3 days but when I phoned them they said that they had just taken a deposit on the one we were buying :Angry:

We'll stick to private sales in future :thumb:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
What concerns me the most right now is we have booked to go to France in about 6 weeks, and it still isn't roadworthy. The meets we have been able to 'limp to' have been fairly close to home, so it has not really been a major concern getting home if need be.
We have now cancelled so many weekends away, and this France trip can have the ticket date amended for ÂŁ5 or ÂŁ10, but the time off later in the year just won't be possible.
I just hope this is all resolved soon.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
so sorry

:Sad:hi sharon, so sorry that woody has not been resolved, hope you and keith keep your chins up don't let them b ds beat you, you are worth more than that, hope that things improve greatly for you both soon take care::bigsmile:

ruth

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
So what is happening now? Is the RV is at home waiting to be booked back in to Travelword or is it something they are going to sort out with home visits. Is it just the leaky radiator now or are there other issues still?

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
So what is happening now? Is the RV is at home waiting to be booked back in to Travelword or is it something they are going to sort out with home visits. Is it just the leaky radiator now or are there other issues still?

I wish I knew Jim. I am still awaiting the phone call that I was promised for Tuesday morning.......
I do not want it to go back to Travelworld, it is a 200 mile round trip. Another home visit was promised and I await that call.
It appears that now the jubilee clip has been replaced the radiator leak is fixed, but there are still other issues and to crown it off, I went to wash the windscreen tonight and the windscreen washer doesn't work.
Will it ever end?

Keith

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
All in all not a very good advertisement for Travelworld! ::bigsmile: Surprised they haven't replied on this thread as they are members.

Hope you get sorted out soon, we will be giving them a wide berth! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Well we got the call at 09:30 this morning and Jim from the service department at Travelworld said he was sending one of his technicians down to our place. The chap arrived at about 14:30 and tried to start up our RV, no joy, lots of whizzes and bangs and after three attempts Woody finally got bored with the game and fired up on a few cylinders just to keep us happy I think. You can just imagine the clouds of smoke as all the unburnt fuel finally detonated.....
Travelworld Tech (sorry I didn't get his name :Doh:) hitched up the bed and climbed in with the motor and checked each glow plug in turn, and as he was removing the connector it fell apart in his hand on two plugs. He then remade all the connectors so that we had good wiring to all 8 glow plugs. We then tried to start it and off it went quick time, of course it had already run and so was no really cold as it is in the mornings, but it certainly sounded better.
I have agreed to try it tomorrow morning and see what it is like.
The non working washers turned out to be just a bad connection onto the wash pump and the terminals were duly cleaned, so that is fixed now as well.
In the meantime of waiting for the call from Jim, I had spoken to a few diesel fitters / engineers to try to understand why our engine should be so gutless, it is not funny, in fact in my opinion it is bordering on being dangerous because it just will not accelerate away and you always feel that you are getting in some other road users way.
One of the companies I spoke to are Stanadyne experts (Stanadyne manufacture the diesel pumps on these 6.5 Chevy turbo diesel engines) and he told me that there was some problem with the mechanical pumps whereby a screw worked itself loose inside the pump and affected the fuel flow. There were two symptoms that displayed themselves, the first was bad starting and the second one is ......... total lack of power!!!!!
I will be taking Woody out for a spin and seeing if there is any improvement in the performance, I don't think that sorting out a couple of wires on the glow plugs will have sorted out the appalling performance but we will see.
I do not wish to sound ungrateful or unappreciative towards Travelworld, they have after all supported us all the way and are now sending out technicians to rectify faults, so they can only be praised for that support, it is just that it was about 5 months ago that we did the deal to buy Woody and we have had to cancel so many weekends now because it has been unavailable and to be honest we have both now started to loose confidence in the RV and are getting very concerned about reliability when we go abroad with it. We are considering canceling that first trip unless this performance issue is resolved within the next couple of weeks, because of the lack of confidence. I sincerely hope that we do not have to do that or I will be the most unhappy customer, so hopefully we will soon be able to report a fully functional RV that we can trust and start to use like we did in Rocky.
I will keep you posted

Keith

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sorting out glow-plug connections will NOT improve performance, they are only there for engine starting from cold.

It could well be lack of fuel i.e. that pump problem, dirty fuel filter or injector pump timing which could also affect starting.

Anything that restricts the amount of fuel to the injector pump will cause lack of power, most common being a dirty fuel filter but could even be a restriction/blockage in the fuel pipe from the tank.

Good luck.

Peter

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Kands

I had an Allegro with a6.5 V8 turbo and it went well but however I have met 2 people who had to have the pump exchanged or refurbed as they do give problems GM will pay for the repair though!

Try a search on Google I am just going out now best of luck.

Regards Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back