New Benimars (2 Viewers)

May 11, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 635
Exp
Since 2013
We have had our 286 for a month and had similar issues i.e. hard to open habitation door which just needs thumb to be pressed above lever to make opening easier, cold wardrobes which I will probably heat by extending the heater outlet in the garage with Truma hose and parts from CAK Tanks.
I ordered the motorhome at the NEC last October and at the time realised getting the table out from the garage at night or in rain would be a problem so requested the fixed pedestal table from the 202 be factory installed which is great and although we were told the table could not be used as the bed support as in the 202 in fact it works great. By the way the fold away table was supplied but is now located by Benimar in the wardrobe but fixings are inadequate. We have taken the table out as we don't need it.
My awning was factory fitted and no issue.
I also ordered a second leisure battery and the wiring and retaining clamp was factory fitted. Only issue I have taken up with Marquis is the fitting of NCC grade C leisure batteries by them which I consider to be the wrong type.
We are very pleased with the 286 having downsized from a 8.7m 5t Kontiki 3l automatic to a 6.99m 3.5t 2.3 Mileo286 automatic with the same size lounge and a garage to take both our ebikes.
Centre waste tank outlet is a problem as on a rally last weekend I lay in a puddle getting a bucket under the outlet but as an ex plumber I should be able to come up with a solution to run the waste to a more suitable point at the edge of the motorhome.
Garry

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
May 11, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 635
Exp
Since 2013
Steve it looks good but still requires kneeling on the ground to ensure the drain is located over the central port so I will probably still do a bit of plumbing to re-route the discharge point nearer to the outside of the van.
Garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
image.jpeg image.jpeg Here's mine bits I got from world of water

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
No it a piece of rubber coated Ali angle I found at work they use on flat roofs you could use normal angle

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
What you need is 1- 1" 90 degree elbow 1m mt long length and 1 45 degree bend . The 90 degree elbow fits into tank hole remove plate around the hole and I filed the elbow to a tight fit cut pipe to length with 45 bend on the end ,then made bracket to holed the pipe up,I the took it a part leaving the elbow in place I then manage to get a small self tapping screw in the side to hold in place I didn't seal it in place you may get a small drip hardly anything if it fits tight,I then put the cover plate in back in place,the pipe into elbow and 45 degree are solvent welded so before you take apart I marked the pipe -elbow-45 in place with a line and marker so that you can line it up when you glue it.
Steve as your local your welcome to come and have a look I've got enough pipe and one 45 bend and the solvent so all you need is a 90 degree to do the job!

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Not the best photos but hopefully you can throw some light on switch the first photo is on the inside the second from the out side (y)View attachment 96062 View attachment 96060

Today I connected the outside shower attachment on my Benimar for the first time and got a load of rusty water out of it, looks like Benimar have used a bit of steel pipe to connect the blue water hose in the photo to.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Hi guys
Just ordered a Mileo 201 delivery due in sept. I have just joined Fun & I have been reading the Benimar posts.
Looks like I will need to modify the gray waste drain, install new alarm looking at the strikeback at the mo.
Couple of questions
1. Is the standard fitted aerial any good for tv
2. What connection do they use for the gas-bottles
Can I use the 6kg propane light bottles?
Thank you for your help with these
Mark

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Sorry forgot to ask if anybody uses the benimarownersclub web site as it doesn't seem to get many updates

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi Newfie ,the standard Benimr aerial works fine but it's the same as any other the signal has to be decent to get any quality of picture, I have one standard and one light weight bottle in the locker plenty of room and the connection I can't help you with but the one that came with my 294 fits. Enjoy your new mh and enjoy the fun site there are some very clued up people on here

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Hi Newfie ,the standard Benimr aerial works fine but it's the same as any other the signal has to be decent to get any quality of picture, I have one standard and one light weight bottle in the locker plenty of room and the connection I can't help you with but the one that came with my 294 fits. Enjoy your new mh and enjoy the fun site there are some very clued up people on here

Sorry but I have to disagree the standard fitted aerial is not very good at all I could only get a signal that did not break up in very strong signal areas, in the end I removed it and fitted a Milenco one which works much better.
The gas connection that Marquis fitted to mine was a standard Propane thread connector.

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Aerial not to bad have had a few sites with problems not as good as my last van (status) just use it and see how you get on

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Sorry but I have to disagree the standard fitted aerial is not very good at all I could only get a signal that did not break up in very strong signal areas, in the end I removed it and fitted a Milenco one which works much better.
The gas connection that Marquis fitted to mine was a standard Propane thread connector.
Guess I have just been lucky Steve but I really have not had a lot of problems with the signal but it does seem to either work or it does not at all not much inbetween.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
remember if any of you are in spain near benicarlo or peniscola benimar motor homes are on the road between the two. they do give tours of the factory and will assist help give guide lines of what alterations they can do for you . i have had two tours of the factory just out of interest . and it was interesting .

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
My aerial works fine ...like any aerial it depends on the signal strength available ....some sites we can get lots of channels..sometimes just a few and they might breakup ..Dale.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Ok thanks for the info, would/do you have a sat dish fitted, I was looking at the sat fi RV dome if it fits, as the new van will have the AC unit & 140w solar pannel fitted. I used to have a caravan with the status aerial which was useless the Benimar aerial looks to be very similar.
I am a little worried that all the stuff on the roof will make it top heavy

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I fitted a Sat dish for use abroad its the equivalent of a 75 cm dish and last week worked down in the Millau area, but a word of advice if you are fitting one as well as air con the quoted ex works weight is not accurate, the payload is a lot less then the quoted figure for the 3500 weight.
2015-10-11 10.02.14.jpg 20151011_153030.jpg

May 11, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 635
Exp
Since 2013
remember if any of you are in spain near benicarlo or peniscola benimar motor homes are on the road between the two. they do give tours of the factory and will assist help give guide lines of what alterations they can do for you . i have had two tours of the factory just out of interest . and it was interesting .
We visited the Benimar factory in February as we were staying nearby and our motorhome was coming off the production line but they refused to let us look around the factory and newly completed vans so maybe their policy has changed as we had previously asked Marquis if they could set this up for us but it came back with a no as only dealers are offered visits now.

Having just had 9 wks away in our Mileo 286 travelling 4000 miles as far as Croatia I can report the only problems we had were the bathroom door handle and toilet roll holder dropping off which were quickly fixed as I carry a small set of allen key bits.

The economy is fantastic compared to our previous Kontiki averaging around 28mpg with an auto gearbox and carrying a full payload including 2 electric bikes.

Garry

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Still no delivery date, but I have confirmed all new Fiat 2017 Benimars will have euro 6 spec engines.
There is some info on this in the September issue of practical Motorhome.

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
We visited the Benimar factory in February as we were staying nearby and our motorhome was coming off the production line but they refused to let us look around the factory and newly completed vans so maybe their policy has changed as we had previously asked Marquis if they could set this up for us but it came back with a no as only dealers are offered visits now.

Having just had 9 wks away in our Mileo 286 travelling 4000 miles as far as Croatia I can report the only problems we had were the bathroom door handle and toilet roll holder dropping off which were quickly fixed as I carry a small set of allen key bits.

The economy is fantastic compared to our previous Kontiki averaging around 28mpg with an auto gearbox and carrying a full payload including 2 electric bikes.

Garry
shame it was a good tour . i first did it in 2001 and then a few years later. i suppose times change every where . but shame . the first time i also did a tour of the paint factory up the road as well , cant remember its name now . getting dementia i,m sure . ha ha .

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Hi Steve and Tracy.
Did you fit the Megasat dish yourself, if so, was it difficult?
I have seen it priced at £773 delivered, but would have to fit it myself, unless I found a competent installer locally.

Regards DelMar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back