New Bailey 745 is finally here (1 Viewer)

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
I'm a newbie
With much excitement we picked up our new Bailey Autograph Approach 745 on Saturday, it's our first MH so a new driving experience for hubby. We picked it up from Darlington about 60 miles away so we took the car, hubby drove the MH I drove the car. He enjoyed the drive from Darlington to Durham even with the road works on the A1 and the band in the back, (we forgot to remove the oven shelves and the grill pan and they rattled all the way). Our first newbie mistake!
We stayed Saturday night at a CC site in Durham to try things out, we are really pleased with it, no problems so far except we had the heating on too high and almost cooked. Looking forward to the coming weekend when we will be away again.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:clap2: Congratulations and enjoy your new and very expensive toy. You will love the learning curve just sit back and enjoy.................... keep saying yes dear to DH and pour another :wine:
Jude

Upvote 0

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Great news I think that is the model we're going to have too it seems to have everything we need the layout ,belted seats etc,we are newbies to motorhoming as well our biggest problem is where we're going to keep it as our drive may be slightly on the short side lol ...but still going to have one I will find somewhere for it

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I remember our first trip, very memorable. If I could make a suggestion buy a book and keep a journal of your travels, although it can be done online. For example this was my second solo bike trip, which I wrote up in a sort of blog : http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/Brittany2012

But I am kicking myself for not doing the same for my first trip. I have photos from that trip and memories but they are not the same as thoughts written down soon after each day. My first motorhoming blog can be found if you click my B...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you for the posts everyone, we still feel like a couple of kids at Christmas. I like the suggestion about an online diary, I have a 'Destinations' book I got from here to record the sites but as you say online you could add photos and thoughts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Enjoy your new MoHo and as others have said, record every day. You soon forget the excitement and funny blunders so worth jotting down. My wife Jan keeps a daily log in rough and writes it out when we get home and often says "oh yea, I'd forgotten that"
And that's only after a few weeks :rofl:

Upvote 0

Shazrick

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
:clap: :clap: Enjoy your new Motorhome. We had ours about a year now:h: love it :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Thinking the same you do get a lot for the money although a lot of money so are the used MHs looking at the 740 seems to tick all the boxes happy to see others liking the Bailey

Upvote 0

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Congratulations on your new edition and use her as much as possible -
roll on retirement I bet you will be thinking.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Congratulations on the new addition. We have had our MoHo for 9 months now and really excited to be getting near to using her again.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Nice choice, now start enjoying it winter and summer, try rallying you meet some lovely folk and get to visit some great out of the way places. Are you members of any clubs?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
Nice choice, now start enjoying it winter and summer, try rallying you meet some lovely folk and get to visit some great out of the way places. Are you members of any clubs?
We are members of the CC and have used the CL's a lot when we had the caravan. We have booked onto the Hartlepool rally and are really looking forward to it.
Only 2 years, 8 months, 2 weeks to retirement, looking forward to extended time away.

Upvote 0

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
We have the 740SE approach, and love it. Have a great time in your new van

Lesley and Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pollyandarthur

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
How's the new motorhome going have you been off in it this weekend anywhere?
Hi Barbara
Yes we used the van this weekend. We live in a school so nowhere to keep the van so we are keeping it on the pitch at a site where we had our caravan. It's near Hexham about 40 mins away from us. It means we can either go to the site and stay the weekend there or go there and pick it up and travel. We are well placed for the Borders, the Lakes and North Yorkshire for weekends. We are lucky we can get away every weekend and most of the school holidays. we hope to go to France for the first time next year.
Last weekend we almost roasted in the van this weekend we almost froze!! We arrived at about 7.30pm on Friday night and had trouble putting the heating on, by 8.30 we gave up and went to bed hoping to keep warm huddled up. It was freezing even though we were fully clothed. When we got up blue and shivering at 6am on Saturday then I remembered I had put the electric blanket in the car!!! You can imagine hubby's reply when I told him that. Never mind we have now cracked the heating and the water system and spent the rest of the weekend very comfortably. Saturday we had a look around Hexham and Saturday night enjoyed a nice bottle of wine.
Looking forward to next weekend and what it might bring!

We hope to go to France for the first time next year

Upvote 0

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Great to hear your enjoying the van we are hoping to get ordered up this next couple of weeks although we are going to Prague next weekend for a few days so hopefully when we get back ...suppose it takes a little while to get used to everything and how they work we will be complete novices to motorhoming ,never even had a caravan so it will be the blind leading the blind haha ...have fun in yours will be watching your future posts x

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I remember the first time we went away with van.Bought it in November.Drove up to Seahouses Northumberland.It was freezing.we were frightened of loosing all water from boiler so left heating on same as you.woke up gasping for air it was that hot.You soon learn from you mistakes.That was 10 years ago.Still learning new things :D.Enjoy your motorhome.(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back