New Autotrail Tracker FB initial impressions (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Tracker FB

We took delivery of ours April 12th 2013 I have had a number of niggly little problems like cupboard doors falling off and the coffee table mounts pulling out of their fixings.being a chippy I did the repairs myself as dealers only re fix with tiny screws where Bolts should be used.we have also replaced the cabinet handles as the ends were square and the wife cut her hands on them.I have also cut the wardrobe door in to two which works a treat you can now get to the top and bottom sections separately.
My main gripe is that Autotrail need to upgrade panel and door fixings with something more substantial and the factory needs to do better final inspection before deliver
We have toured over 8500 miles in the past year including France and Spain she has performed really well and we love the van.Having made it our own.:Smile::Smile:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Media unit is rubbish, now onto our third and we've major issues with it. TV reception is rubbish on them all so much so bought a dual voltage Phillips (pace) refurbed unit on Ebay.

Brilliant buy, in Moffat on a site as I write, AT unit is pulling in 8 channels we are watching the weather docum on ch 4 on the Phillips receiver the AT receiver can't find it. :Angry:

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
If it is brand new, Spinneys have failed miserably on the inspection regime, so has the manufacturer? If it isn't Spinneys have still failed!

Sadly, this is all too common in the motorhome industry. We had serious issues with our previous camper - autocruise Starspirit - which we are completely adamant was not even inspected before handing it over to us. We had all sorts of trouble which would have been obvious had anyone bothered to test the camper. We had to take it back to the dealer (Cranhams of Upminster) and threatened them with legal action if the problems were not resolved and told them that we expected to collect the vehicle from them again in the condition that we should have had it in the first place. They did a good job after that, but the damage was done and we will not be buying from them again. They did the hard job in selling it to us in the first place but lost us as future clients foreverr as a result of the fiasco. Frustratingly, the industry did not want to get involved to highlight the problem. I am afraid that the motorhome industry is far from mature enough to give clients the protection that we should have. The Trade press will similarly not print anything detrimental to an advertising Principal.
Thankfully, our new camper has come from a dealer with whom we are delighted.. Camper UK in Lincoln.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

Jeffreyhill

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
nr Longridge Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well it is almost 12 months old now and just returned from a short trip to Delamere incorporating a visit to Spinneys for first habitation and vehicle service. Spinneys also attended to half a dozen little jobs that needed a proper man to see to. Very pleased with outcome and the attention given by Spinneys. Despite the early problems mentioned earlier on this thread I am now very happy with the Tracker FB and am looking forward to a busy year touring.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back