Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
St Davids, West Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia on order
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Perhaps these exist already but I've not come across them... "Following on from the latest high-tech gadgets installed in top-end cars, LeVoyageur and Notin will fit (as standard or as an option) the latest generation of side mirrors to some of their A-classes, bringing more security on the road.

The 'SaVety Mirror', developed by Vision Systems of Lyon, alerts the driver to potential danger in the overtaking channel that is the blind-spot, thanks to a small camera built into the mirrors (on both sides) and controlled by imaging software. The SaVety Mirror system instantly recognises an overtaking vehicle and then alerts the driver via red LEDs built into the mirror. This system, efficient and ergonomic, avoids the need for yet another dashboard screen."

I can't help but think that there is a risk of becoming too dependent on this kind of technology .... or perhaps it will work well and be a genuine help... And of course when the inevitable happens and a close encounter destroys one of the mirrors the already eye-watering replacement cost of A-class coach-mirrors will surely be even worse. Anyone tempted by this kind of gizmo?

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Surprised someone hasn't come op with a small camera either side. It would only need to protrude a couple of inches and probably be a damn site cheaper.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back