New and confused it's been a dream for a while (1 Viewer)

Fat Al

Free Member
Apr 23, 2017
Manchest er
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are so close to getting a campervan. Have spent years looking and just about have the funds to do so. Love the outdoors and camped for years. Slightly broken coeliac and wife has food allergies so we make a great pair. Looking to upgrade to a campervan. It must fit on the drive so musT be under 5 metres.

Spent the weekend at the Peterborogh Motorhome show and meet some lovely people. Some great advice was given.

We had decided on a ford transit van but after speaking to a few people and doing research at home we are worried about the security and thefts.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
:hiya2: and :welcome4:

You'll find motorhoming is the ideal holiday mode for you both as it's easy to take along the food you know won't make you ill ! Might be worth trying yo get a van with a decent size freezer.
Try out lots of vans, I'm sure you'll find the one that's right for you.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
As others have said, if you do need a special diet, it's great to be able to bring along food with you. Good luck with your search, if you find a nice transit based one, just get extra security fitted, plenty of advice on here.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If you worry about security/unreliability/cost of spares etc you will never get one!!!. We have a transit there have been some stolen but a very small percentage the insurers cetainly aren't bothered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
£100 pedal box will stop them stealing it set of deadlock will keep contents as safe as any other van add alarms and tracker if you feel its worth it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
If you worry about security/unreliability/cost of spares etc you will never get one!!!. We have a transit there have been some stolen but a very small percentage the insurers cetainly aren't bothered.

Buy with your hearts. Anything could be nicked, take reasonable precautions, get good insurance and enjoy.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Go for it.
Insure it well.
Got some good security.
Enjoy it!
Someone out there will always be trying to pinch something, mostly it's opportunists, just make it difficult for them!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello Fat Al and welcome to the Fun :hiya:

I'm waiting on delivery of my new motorhome - at just 5 metres it's going to be more manageable than my previous 7 metre van! There are plenty out there, just waiting for you to find them and love them :inlove:

Good luck in your search, you'll have a great time without canvas (or silnylon, whatever you've been using!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back