Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
When we were in Calpe in March there was a new Aire/campsite being built opposite Lidl. Does anyone know if it is finished and when it is opening or even what it is called?

Thanks

OP
OP
Franck

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Not Calpemar, the new one is opposite Lidls and extending down to the main dual carriageway. It doesn't show up on that aerial view, it is just spare ground according to that.

It was being built in March and was quite far advanced then, I thought it might be finished in time for the influx of winter motorhomers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
OK....but I am keeping a close eye on ya.
And that nice bike you are selling.....are those mud guards included.....Mud guards on a roadie....when do you see mud on roads, not where we ride. Good luck with the sale its worth a lot more.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
OK....but I am keeping a close eye on ya.
And that nice bike you are selling.....are those mud guards included.....Mud guards on a roadie....when do you see mud on roads, not where we ride. Good luck with the sale its worth a lot more.
I am ashamed to say they are mud guards, I did a hell of a lot of miles on that bike, rain or shine. It took me through two Etape du Tours and a good few Sportives.

Jan 6, 2014
Southport
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2008
We are currently at Camping Javea and heading to Calpe tomorrow, so will have nosy. Not sure where to stay in Calpe as we are 7.5m and CalpeMar (recommended on here) seems to have fairly small pitches. It was pretty tight at Javea. So might have to be an aire at Calpe.

OP
OP
Franck

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
We usually stay at Paraiso Aire, used to be Odissea. If you see what's happening with the new one that would be great.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are currently at Camping Javea and heading to Calpe tomorrow, so will have nosy. Not sure where to stay in Calpe as we are 7.5m and CalpeMar (recommended on here) seems to have fairly small pitches. It was pretty tight at Javea. So might have to be an aire at Calpe.
We stayed at the Mediterranio camperstop and we are 8.3m. They have bigger pitches towards the back of the site. Nice showers too, plenty of freshwater taps around the site and a laundry room. Free WiFi near the office with a sitting room to use the WiFi.

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I have been to Calpe Mar in 7.5m and there was plenty of room, its a nice site so worth giving it a go.

Jan 6, 2014
Southport
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2008
Just left Calpe and had a look at the development opposite Lidl whilst there, which didn’t seem to have advanced much beyond clearing and levelling the ground. I’m assuming its the Lidl that is very close to Odissea aire.

In the end we stayed at Camping La Merced in Calpe which is just up the road from Mediterráneo Camper stop. Not acsi but was only €17pn and they had a couple of large covered plots available. Bit of ‘rustic’ rambling site with no pool, but pitches good for shade from the current very hot weather and quiet location if pitched away from road.

We are currently at Camping lo Monte, in Pilar de la Horadada which is just south of Torrevieja. A really nice acsi site that I can thoroughly recommend.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Just left Calpe and had a look at the development opposite Lidl whilst there, which didn’t seem to have advanced much beyond clearing and levelling the ground. I’m assuming its the Lidl that is very close to Odissea aire.

In the end we stayed at Camping La Merced in Calpe which is just up the road from Mediterráneo Camper stop. Not acsi but was only €17pn and they had a couple of large covered plots available. Bit of ‘rustic’ rambling site with no pool, but pitches good for shade from the current very hot weather and quiet location if pitched away from road.

We are currently at Camping lo Monte, in Pilar de la Horadada which is just south of Torrevieja. A really nice acsi site that I can thoroughly recommend.
Look up Derek and Pat Staker, Autotrail Chieftain, he will have loads of flags up on 3 poles which he changes daily, yellow tennis balls on his awning pegs, and a pile of other stuff. Nice couple, say hi from Michael & Sally.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just an update on this thread.

As of today, the 'New' Calpe Aire is............ still in a state of unfinishedness??? (if there is such a word)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I talked to the owner of Mediterraneo aire and he said they will be finished the winter of this year. 3 new Aires to be constructed he said. Around the area of Aldi.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I talked to the owner of Mediterraneo aire and he said they will be finished the winter of this year. 3 new Aires to be constructed he said. Around the area of Aldi.
Forward thinking.......other Costa regions will have to do the same eventually.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Forward thinking.......other Costa regions will have to do the same eventually.
I think so, he said he was turning away more and more people so I reckon he'll be full on all of them come winter.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
And in other news, the owner of Mediterraneo invited us to the Bar for our last night at the site to buy us a drink before we leave.

I applaud that man's forward thinking in keeping his customers loyal.

In addition punters have no need to huddle in the office to get WiFi. It's free and beamed throughout the whole site.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
CALPE site vacancies €9 drive past lidl aldi
past medditaraneo site to next roundabout turn left towards benissa on left about a mile looks good called proxima aperture camping everywhere else seems to be full.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
CALPE site vacancies €9 drive past lidl aldi
past medditaraneo site to next roundabout turn left towards benissa on left about a mile looks good called proxima aperture camping everywhere else seems to be full.

Just be aware that the €9 price is for long stayers. The price starts €13 for nts'1-4, It then drops to €12 for nights 5-15. It then goes to €11 for nights 16 to about 31 (I think).
We stayed for 16nts which works out cheaper than 15nts??? ie 15 x 12 =€180 16 x 11 = €176. Daft but I'm not arguing

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
We were in Calpe just after New Years day and looked at the proposed site just a few hundred yard up the road from Lidl. The groundworks are still ongoing but you can make out the base core for the roadways, parking bays and the line of the proposed utilities/services. I dont know alot if anything about the pace of the Spanish workforce but my gut feeling is that this wont be finished at least till Easter 2017 but always happy to be proved wrong.

Reactions: f6c

Pete n Bex

Free Member
Feb 11, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass,Avantgarde
Exp
Since 1990
We stayed at Meditteranio a few weeks ago & really enjoyed it, you are made to feel very welcome & happy hour is good buy one get one!! Not sure about this new aire as its really close to the salt water lagoon in the middle of Calpe & they did shut down a campsite there a few years ago as people were plagued with mosquitoes,there were quite a few at meditteranio but I would imagine there you would be the first bit of flesh they would find!!

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
We are on a new campsite opposite Lidl which has only been open two weeks. It is called 'Camping Sol de Calpe Austral' and is situated just past Calpemar on Calle Estonia. Phone number 965 832618. The Brits have found it as half the motor homes on here have UK registrations! It's only half finished as they are still working on the extra pitches.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We are on a new campsite opposite Lidl which has only been open two weeks. It is called 'Camping Sol de Calpe Austral' and is situated just past Calpemar on Calle Estonia. Phone number 965 832618. The Brits have found it as half the motor homes on here have UK registrations! It's only half finished as they are still working on the extra pitches.
Got any pics, we are down to Calpe in a couple of weeks.

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
IMG_2203.JPG
IMG_2204.JPG
IMG_2205.JPG
IMG_2206.JPG
IMG_2207.JPG