New Addition

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cliffy38, May 17, 2015.

1. Cliffy38

Cliffy38 Funster

hi guys well it's finally here our lovely new motor home sitting on the drive ready for our adventures , I do feel it's a bit vulnerable and open to the elements but as its it spring I feel it will be ok , my question is what about winter what do you do to protect it from bad weather and so on , look forward to hearing from you guys xx

2. f6c

f6c Funster

Enjoy

3. houdini

houdini Funster

image.jpg

Sure someone will come along to help you about Wintering - you can also use the Search button to find previous threads on the subject.

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

wax it and use it

5. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

If you are leaving it for any length of time make sure all the waste tanks and the hot water boiler are drained and empty. Make sure the fuel tank is full (helps prevent condensation). Start it and run the engine every so often and move it so that the tyres are resting on a different spot. If it has a solar panel that should keep the batteries topped up otherwise put it on EHU from time to time.

Take out anything that a rodent might chew on or be attracted to - ALL food and we take the cushions and mattress out as well. We left ours on EHU and with a small stand alone electric heater inside when we weren't using it. And I got a de-humidifier from Aldi that I left inside.

Some people say strong smelling tumble drier sheet help put off rodents - I know they avoid onions!

I'm sure a lot of other people will add more words of wisdom (and maybe rubbish what I have written) :)

But the best plan is to go somewhere warm for the winter if you can.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

USE it and ENJOY it now and worry about washing and waxing when/if you put her to bed for the winter! (y)(y)

7. WAG2CRU

WAG2CRU Read Only Funster

Bad weather in Harlow, surely not.:D

8. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Most popular answer on here is usually just get out & use it! We are still restricted to school holidays & the odd short weekend break so ours has been without tax (SORN) over the winter & covered with this http://www.maypole.ltd.uk/Motorhome-Covers_56719 & even the wheels with these http://www.maypole.ltd.uk/MP93680-MOTORHOME-WHEEL-COVER_88655-15833. We had caravans before & have tried with & without covers & know what damage not only the winter but what summer sun does so kept covered most of the time when not in use. With this Maypole cover we won't even have to wash off the motorhome after months of storage (still looks as if just washed :)) so although a bit of an art & effort to use the cover it saves hours of cleaning. Do use a garden spray with Bobby Dazzler to coat it after washing which helps keep it clean longer too (y)