New A frame regulations 2014 (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Apologies if this has been posted anready and its not intended as an opening for yet another A frame debate:Doh: but i just know it will happen...:ROFLMAO:

from this months (november)C+CC mag...page 15

the C+CC have recieved information by the national caravan council regarding new legislation regarding A frames.

"at present the UK's construction and use regulations stipulate that trailer braking performance must conform to EU directive 71/320/EEC or UNECE regulation No 13.09.
the new legislation will require conformity with only the UNECE regulation.
This latter regulation only permits over-run braking systems, which most A frames use, to be used on center axle trailers such as caravans, not cars towed as trailers."

it goes on to say VOSA have to decide if it will be implimented retrospective on existing A frames or from 2014 only.

its expected other forms of braking, electric etc, should conform to the new regs.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Yes Pappajohn,

I was talking to Dave Newell recently, and he asked if I was aware, I new a review of the regs. were coming but not when.

I also thought the electronic braking systems will be non compliant under the new directive.

Its could be the end of the A frame as we know it.

Nomadic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back