Free Member
Oct 4, 2009
the Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 514SL
Hi everyone!
This is my first post here.
My name is Simonne, my husband is Jan. I do the writing on forums, he does the reading.:winky:
We live in the Netherlands and we travel with our motorhome for about ten years now.
The reason I come to this forum is: we love travelling and defenitely want to go to the UK. Also on the list is Scotland, Norway, Turkey, etc.
I always learn a lot from other peoples experiences.:thumb:
So we hope to pick your brain from time to time and maybe we can return the favour by answering your questions about motorhome"stuff" in the Netherlands and perhaps other countries.
Also I come bearing a gift:
Link Removed

Free travel guides to download, although a Dutch website, there are also English travel guides downloadable.

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi and a big :welcome: from me.. :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jan & Simonne and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:
Lots of friendly folk on here, any questions, just ask away someone will be able to help you. Your knowledge of motorhoming in the Netherlands will be appreciated by many I am sure.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Simonne and Jan welcome to MHF and the UK, its not bad over here however much some of us complain ::bigsmile:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Welcome J&S

Well, complaining seems to be an international habit.
No complaints from Scotland in Europe.
We have an interesting climate, welcoming wild life (well they want to eat you) and nieghbours who started a myth about us being mean but even they come here on holiday.

Drop me a PM if visiting Scotland.

Tailendcharley

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Funster No
:thumb::thumb:

Hi J&S,

A very big and warm welcome to you both :thumb::thumb:

And yes I certainly am European :coolthumb:

Regards and all the very best to you both :thumb::thumb:

Smithy:clap::clap:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Well, complaining seems to be an international habit.
(but aren't we all Europeans nowadays:Doh:?)

You are right, the people in Europe are fine , I just have a hangup with the greedy politicians :winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
want to go to the UK. Also on the list is Scotland,

It must be good for you Netherlanders because I see many NL plates when I am in Scotland.

You have a good opportunity for the north of the UK, you can choose Hull or Rosyth to get here. Personally I would choose Rosyth and then you have all the glory of Scotland by just pointing North. The only thing that can stop it being a truly rewarding experience is the weather, so keep your fingers crossed for that.

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
hi guys and :welcome:the wife and i are planning on coming out to your neck of the woods in april so may give you a pm before then:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, you are not alone we have a number of Dutch members, Onderweg and His wife Digigranny (Paul and Ineke) are in the chat room around midnight (your time) most days. They came to England first the first time this year and met a number of us at a motorhome show and meet, (Must have been fine they are still members, hee hee). There are some others as well. Why not time one of your trips to coincide with a show. Carmarthen motorhome show in April 2010 for instance. Come and join us, Paul and Ineke have expressed an interest in coming as well. Click on the link below for more information.

Link Removed

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi:welcome: to MH Fun.

Nice to hear from you. Hope you can make it over here sometime, I am sure you will enjoy it. Have met and spoken to quite a few from the Netherlands in Scotland.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
hiya

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
defenitely want to go to the UK. Also on the list is Scotland, Norway, Turkey

just for info scotlland is in the uk or it was the last time i went there, anyway a big hello from us in the north east of the uk

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Also I come bearing a gift:
Link Removed

Aha my Daddy always told me to beware beautiful young ladies bearing gifts :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to Motorhome FUN ::bigsmile:

Should you ever think about travel to Eastern Europe then I know a nice Dutch couple who run a camp site in Czechland and we are not far away either.

I'll leave it to others to tell you about England and Scotland and not to forget Wales either.

Bye the way, thanks for the gift, it's on my favorites already :Smile:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hallo Jan en Simone

Leuk om meer Nederlanders hier tegen te komen. Dit forum is heel gezellig !

Wij zijn nogal reislustig maar waren voor September van dit jaar nog nooit in Engeland geweest.
Nu zeggen we dat we dat veel eerder hadden moeten doen.

Sinds twee jaar hebben we een camper en voor die tijd gingen we altijd met een caravan op vakantie. Ik zag dat een van jullie wensen vakantie naar Noorwegen is. Wij zijn inmiddels al 20+ keren in Scandinavie geweest, dus als jullie wat willen weten.........

Op onze lijst staat nog Griekenland, hebben wel wat gelezen maar zijn nog niet zover dat we het al inplannen.

Ineke en ik zijn vaak in de chat, wellicht zien we elkaar daar

I will repeat this message in English as well, just for the few people that dont understand Dutch :ROFLMAO:

Nice to meet more people from Holland on this site. This forum is very cozy !

We like to travel but visited England in September 2009 for the first time, never been there before.
Now we say, we should have done it before.

We have a camper for two years now and before that we always travelled with a caravan. I read that one of your wishes is a holiday to Norway. We have been to Scandinavia 20+ times, so if you want to know anything............

On our to-do list is Greece, we have read some threads about it but are not in a stage of planning a trip to Greece yet.

Ineke and I are often in the chat, maybe we will see you there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back