neta satellite

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by paulj, Sep 13, 2009.

1. paulj

paulj Funster

has any body used the neta 45cm dome satellite system how do you find it and does it give good reception in the uk and abroad

2. Groundhog

Groundhog Read Only Funster

3. hymers820

hymers820 Read Only Funster

Neta Dome

Hi had a 45cm dome fitted to my hymer in June, went to spain end of June works great on BBC/ITV, I went for this one it has a freesat receiver and it ticks all the right boxs, three of my mates have now got them they are over the moon with them,

hope this helps

4. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

how far down in spain did you go ?
    according to the publicity , although only 45cm it gives the performance of a 65 cm
    however that would probably work for most channels that I watch about as far south as valencia , if I was lucky

5. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

have never heard of Neta. how do they compare with the likes of tracvision and camos domes? it looks like it has a bigger dish? which has got to be good...yes?

any links to info and prices please?

and can you easily select alternative satellites as I understand with some you can do this and still pick up English programs from foreign satellites:Eek!:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  6. Groundhog

Groundhog Read Only Funster

7. Judge Mental

Thanks for the links!

Just wondering how domes cope with adjusting the skew......

the dish seems bigger then the competition so may be better reception down south??

also how easy to move? as I am probably changing van in a year or two.....The camos comes with a fitting plate and you just order another plate for the next vehicle I believe.......

update: Interesting...Just spoke to "that leisure" and they have dropped neta and only provide oyster, camos etc......

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  8. adventure

adventure Read Only Funster

Maxview have also started to import a dome system from Turkey, I am sure the information will be on their site soon

nick

9. Judge Mental

Looks identical in every way , including the receiver to the NETA is this a re badged neta??

I appreciate that maxview have a good reputation and taking on this product is probably a indication that it is a sound.........

i see the receiver has a slot?? Will it take a sky card?

10. evans88

evans88 Read Only Funster

I've seen one of these. It is dominated by the word "NETA" and looks terrible. I wonder if it can be used for satellites other than 28.2 such as Astra 1! I wonder if it will be any better than the Camos and KVH systems!!!!

Someone mentioned getting a satellite signal down as far as Valencia. I've not been able to get BBC/ITV much beyong Barcelona with a crankup so I doubt whether this will be any better.

11. hymers820

Hi Maxview import there system from Maxview Germany not turkey,just to give you the right information.

Cheers

12. hymers820

Try LCS Leisure Ltd, Thats the sole UK Importer, I had one fitted to my Hymer by them great company to deal with, I looked at all the other dome and this ticks all the right box"s, Three of my mates have now got them they say it"s the best and a simple system to operate.
    Hope this Info helps