Nervous but very excited newbies ! (1 Viewer)

Letsgonow

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
None
Hello all,
My husband and I (sound like the queen now!) have just bought, and are excitedly a waiting delivery of our very first motor home, it's a Rapido Le Randonneur ,
We bought it second hand, and it looks fab, so hope it is!
When it comes at the end of the month, we really want to go and see the canals in Leicester , and find out a bit more of the history.
Does any one know of any good camping sites, that may still be open?
This looks to be a very good club to have joined, look forward to hearing from you.
Bye for now.
Let'sgonow

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Welcome from us too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hello all,
My husband and I (sound like the queen now!) have just bought, and are excitedly a waiting delivery of our very first motor home, it's a Rapido Le Randonneur ,
We bought it second hand, and it looks fab, so hope it is!
When it comes at the end of the month, we really want to go and see the canals in Leicester , and find out a bit more of the history.
Does any one know of any good camping sites, that may still be open?
This looks to be a very good club to have joined, look forward to hearing from you.
Bye for now.
Let'sgonow
Always get nervous when it says " delivery" , you have seen it I hope , not bought unseen off eBay by any chance.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi
giphy.gif

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The only campsite I have been to near leicester was the Meadow View CL in Cossington.

I can highly recommend it. £10 a night, cracking good site and within walking distance of a decent pub that does good food...

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Hi & welcome to our (now your) forum. Plenty of sites open all year round now. I've always been a caravan club member & enjoy the peace & quiet in the winter months & the buzz in the summer months. Club sites like York are open all year round & that's a pretty good place to go for some chistmas shopping. The atmosphere is brilliant & will give you both a great chance to get used to your new purchase.

Robert & Hazel.

OP
OP
L

Letsgonow

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
None
Aw, thank you so much one and all, for the lovely welcome .
Thank you for the info re camp sites, we are rather new to this, but so looking forward to getting going .
We did go and look at the Motor home, and just waiting for it to be serviced, and a couple of minor faults to be put right, we are hoping for a demo on how it all works! Then we are hoping we will remember how it all works once we are on the road!!! But not holding breath on that one!
But sooooo excited.
Thanks again.

OP
OP
L

Letsgonow

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
None
Oh that is a good idea, as I have a memory of nat! Right where did I put the video camera??

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Aw, thank you so much one and all, for the lovely welcome .
Thank you for the info re camp sites, we are rather new to this, but so looking forward to getting going .
We did go and look at the Motor home, and just waiting for it to be serviced, and a couple of minor faults to be put right, we are hoping for a demo on how it all works! Then we are hoping we will remember how it all works once we are on the road!!! But not holding breath on that one!
But sooooo excited.
Thanks again.
Glad to here that(y), welcome and enjoy then, just worried that others have come on here and been the victims of scams where people had said they were delivering and that was the last they saw of their money.

OP
OP
L

Letsgonow

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
None
Thank you Chaser, we are really looking forward to it.
Oh gosh, isn't that awful, to pay all that money , to be ripped off!
Thankfully we went to a dealership . We were tempted on ebay etc, so glad we didn't now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back