Neil Diamond - a Poll (1 Viewer)

Do you like the Neil Diamond song ~ Red, Red Wine From the album "Play Me: The Comple

• Yes

Votes: 45 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Do you like the Neil Diamond song ~ Red, Red Wine - that's the version from the album "Play Me: The Complete Uni Studio Recordings"

It's one of my very favourite songs of all time and I do like red wine too...

Last edited:
OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Oh come on people, he sings his heart out with this version.

At least I didn't poll about his version of ~ "You're So Sweet, Horseflies Keep Hangin' Around Your Face"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
the Best

Just ordered his album "The very best of Neil Diamond" Look forward to getting it!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Many people only know about the UB40 version and don't realise that Neil Diamond wrote the song.

I saw him in concert a few years back and he was brilliant. Apparently he doesn't allow an interval because he's scared that the audience will all have gone home before he comes back for the second half! As if :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
WHO

Neil Diamond sure my gran used to listen to him must have been before my time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
How about love LOVE ON THE ROCKS :cry:

Fantastic artist and performer but after the last concert on tv before christmas i think he should just give up and leave us with the memories before he turns into another Macca, Jagger, Bowie etc

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
:thumb:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeJ55sUacPM"]NEIL DIAMOND - Red Red Wine (Original 1968 Hit Version) - YouTube[/ame]

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
but i love this to:thumb:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtYbF99voEs"]Bob Marley Red Red Wine - YouTube[/ame]

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Many people only know about the UB40 version and don't realise that Neil Diamond wrote the song.

I saw him in concert a few years back and he was brilliant. Apparently he doesn't allow an interval because he's scared that the audience will all have gone home before he comes back for the second half! As if :Smile:

He does his own version of the UB40 take but the live one on this album is so different (try to hear a sampler).

He's the best live act I have ever seen, including from my very first the Beatles though to Pavaroti and a couple of years ago the Eagles.
When I first met Rosie took her to a concert in the Albert Hall I think. Won her over as she thought I had class after picking Neil Diamond to take her on our first big date. Little did she know how wrong can you be.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
He does his own version of the UB40 take but the live one on this album is so different (try to hear a sampler).

He's the best live act I have ever seen, including from my very first the Beatles though to Pavaroti and a couple of years ago the Eagles.
When I first met Rosie took her to a concert in the Albert Hall I think. Won her over as she thought I had class after picking Neil Diamond to take her on our first big date. Little did she know how wrong can you be.
if you see the eagles surported by the dixie chick's at twickenham i was there:thumb:
did'nt spot you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Good song writer, but IMHO, he should leave the singing of them to others.:roflmto:

Except maybe for that dreadful song about talking to a chair, I doubt that anyone else would volunteer to sing that one.:RollEyes:

Pete:Cool:

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Good song writer, but IMHO, he should leave the singing of them to others.:roflmto:

Except maybe for that dreadful song about talking to a chair, I doubt that anyone else would volunteer to sing that one.:RollEyes:

Pete:Cool:

I agree about the "chair song" ("I am I said"?) but not about his abilities as a singer - I like him - but some of his other lyrics are distinctly iffy - pretty amazing grace? Not good. We used to have an album by Neil Diamond that was based on the book "Jonathon Livingstone Seagull" Good stuff I seem to remember. Wonder what happened to it? Probably up in the loft somewhere....

UK Grey Nomads

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
12 Fulltiming since March 2007, 2 months NZ, 8 Months Australia.
Hi
"Jonathon Livingstone Seagull" Still my wife and I's favorite CD, so relaxing, we have it on ipod, Mp3 and a usb when the motorhome radio reception is useless (which is quite often) as we travel. Favourite song of all Neil's "Play Me"
Regards to all
Alan & Jenny

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
So you never knew 'Sweet Caroline'?? Don't believe it JJ!

There you go... the very reason I included the word "knowingly"...

...anyway... I thought it was "Sweet Child of Mine"... Appetite For Destruction...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Solitary Man, great song & unfortunately reminds me of me :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!