Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Sadly we don't think this is a simple case of:- scuse mate, can you move this or that vehicle so we can get in and out easily ?

If the neighbour is above board in the first place, then why did he lie about the car? He obviously didn't want anyone to know about the car.
In our experience some people will take advantage of a situation where they can
, we had similar bother years back with neighbours who parked their cars across our driveways, they had a lawnmower repair business and customers were coming and going daily from 9 'til 5. Surely common sense should tell any driver not to block a neighbour's driveway or make it difficult for them to get out or in?

If the neighbour is doing something he shouldn't be, then that's all the more reason why he wouldn't want to upset his neighbours and should want to keep a low profile surely.

It's not until you have been on the receiving end of this, that you appreciate how annoying it is:Angry:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I posted on an earlier thread about how this country was becoming all about what you cannot do, instead of what you can do.

This is yet another example of people trying to say what another person CANNOT do.

Why not just ask the guy in as friendly a manner as possible to just move his car(s) so that you can get your car/motorhome/whatever out of your drive. Simple really................

Why this continual "warlike" attitude?
Why not try the "peaceful" attitude for once?
You never know, you might like it.

And............... C.........H..........I............L...........L

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I think if you read back through the thread on this one, you will see that the "nice approach" has already been tried. I don't think anyone is trying to telling him what he CANNOT do, just simply wanting easy access to a driveway. What can be simpler than that?

You ask someone nicely to move their car/cars, also the neighbour has lied about one of the cars in question........what does that tell you about the guy?

Been there before, sometimes being "nice" can get you nowhere......it depends on what type of person you're dealing with.:Angry:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I think if you read back through the thread on this one, you will see that the "nice approach" has already been tried. I don't think anyone is trying to telling him what he CANNOT do, just simply wanting easy access to a driveway. What can be simpler than that?

You ask someone nicely to move their car/cars, also the neighbour has lied about one of the cars in question........what does that tell you about the guy?

Been there before, sometimes being "nice" can get you nowhere......it depends on what type of person you're dealing with.:Angry:

Then we shall agree to disagree

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's planning that he is in breach of as someone has already advised. its about using his house as a business when permission will only be for residential.The planning department are pretty hot on this sort of thing. Quite different to the issue of parking a mh on your drive.

I suggest you gather your photographic evidence with number plates etc including shots of him working on his drive. Then give him one last chance.

If he messes you about draw a line under it and visit the planners. His operations will cease very quickly and he will have been given plenty of chances

I suggest you ignore those accusing you of being a NIMBY.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !! Ignore all you like.. wont change things ROFL :ROFLMAO:

They tried ignoring Hilter for gawd sake !

But..............

Please remember,

I posted what I posted purely as a devils advocate ( as stated ). Quite obviously I have absolutely NO interest in the situation from either side.

It is quite likely the stance your neighbour will take

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Whatever the outcome.you are going to have to live with these people.

I would bend over backwards to make a reasonable solution....that you can both live with.

Having open warfare with neighbours does not make for a happy life.

I would always try a friendly approach to resolve these things

getting the authorities involved would be my last ...very last option.

If all things failed If he failed to see reason I would rather visit him gently but firmly with a big mate ........and make sure he understood the situation.Im 6ft 2ins ugly and best part of 20 stone and quite a few of my mates are even bigger !!!!!

Nothing violent mind you.....just firmness

( Big bloke 1 to big bloke 2 ) "Remember Dinsey"
" Dinsey...yeah....they found him with his head nailed to a coffee table"

( monty python)

barry

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I agree it's better to resolve without involving the authorities.

However if you have spent a shed load of money on your houses as most of us will have , you are entitled to enjoy it without some numpty ruining it for you and others.

Added to that, a mechanic business operating next door will not do any good to your house values.

Planning law is planning law. We saw that at Dale Farm.

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
If hes a good mechanic befriend him get him to work on yours and then hes more likely not to block your driveway or is it to late for that or do you take your car to a dealer ? just a thought Gray.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Just invite a few friends round for a drink and then tell him hes blocking the road

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs6cSAyDE6A&feature=related[/ame]

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:roflmto::roflmto: THE GEORDIE MAFIA ARE ON THERE WAY!!WE WILL SORT IT NO PROBS????????????? BILL & STEVE(SCRAN)

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
The neighbour opposite me is a mechanic and does a few jobs on the side. He often has two or three cars parked outside his house on the road , although there is space on his drive for at least 3. It makes it akward for us to get our cars in and out of the driveway at times. Looking where the cars are parked just now I would struggle to get the MH out but possibly could if I shuffled back and forth and mounted the pavement. We have asked him to park with a bit more consideration on several occasions. :Angry: I know what he is doing is not illegal as the cars are taxed etc but it is a nuisance. One of our other neighbours struggles to get his work van on his drive because of the cars as well.
Any suggestions?
If he is undertaking works from his home he is not legal contact your council and they will put an enforcement on him NOT to operate a mechanical business from a home dwelling
he can not cause parking problem for other residents
some people just think they can do as they want because they may own their property truth is they cannot :Cool:

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I have every sympathy for you.

Neighbours can be such a problem if you're unlucky enough to live next to the wrong one.

That's the great thing about motorhomes. If you don't like the neighbours on a site you just move :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back