Negotiation For new MH (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
I have our leaders Buying Guide book and really good it is too. My question is in my opinion simple but it may not be so- What % discount could you expect to negotiate off a new MH priced in the £45K range
Thanks again Ian

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I asked the same question a few weeks ago Ian.
The replies I got were mainly, the more discount you negociate, the poorer after sales service you will receive. Not sure if that's true but I got a small discount, about 6% and lots of extras thrown in.
Dealers don't mind giving extras so much as it is a cheaper option for them.
Good luck
John.

Upvote 0

Kevingrc

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Ian I was at Marquis looking at a MH at £46 and without any haggling they said we could have it for £43500 but we haven't made our minds up yet,good luck anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
20%. YEA BABY... :)

No part exchange, brand new van listed at £53k. I emailed every dealer who had one in stock and they ALL offered 10% straight away.
Then I struck lucky and must have been an unsold one at the factory, one dealer offered it to me with 10% but it was Christmas week and a dealer just bought it in and moved it out over a few days and offered what worked out at 20%.!!!!! :)

Good luck... Push hard...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
I asked the same question a few weeks ago Ian.
The replies I got were mainly, the more discount you negociate, the poorer after sales service you will receive. Not sure if that's true but I got a small discount, about 6% and lots of extras thrown in.
Dealers don't mind giving extras so much as it is a cheaper option for them.
Good luck
John.
I was rather hoping since it will be a new MH there will be no diminishing of the manufacturers warranties

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We negotiated 16% off a new van. We told the salesman when we arrived at the dealership that out budget was £40k and that's all we had to spend.
He showed us a £48k van which he increased to £50k with some accessories
We reminded him that we only had 40k to spend and they lowered their price to £45k
I reminded them again that I only had 40k to spend and we agreed a deal at 42k
Moral of the story .....
Name your price and stick to it

Dealers would have you believe you need to pay 'retail' price to get a good after sales service
Rubbish!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Normally I expect to get a cash discount up to about 10% but depends on where you think the ticket price is placed. There are enough websites about to allow you to get a good idea of average value. Aim for less, if you reach a limit on cash go for the options, extras like solar panels, towbar, air con, working your way to free service etc.

Always remember if your not happy with the deal WALK AWAY its your hard earned!

If in doubt buy nowt.

Upvote 0

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
"Hi Ian I was at Marquis looking at a MH at £46 and without any haggling they said we could have it for £43500 but we haven't made our minds up yet,"

I'd hold out for £43 if I was you, then you can buy half a gallon of fuel to get off the forecourt;) . Sorry I just couldn't resist that.

D.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back