Negotiating extras when buying from abroad (1 Viewer)

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
My query is, whilst the cost of motorhomes are generally cheaper in Europe, is it also cheaper to get accessories fitted at the time of purchase ? By this I mean satellite dish, solar panel, etc.
Finally I am looking at getting a new Hymer later this year and will be looking at Campirama, Duelmo or Palmoski, as these frequently come up on threads by other Funsters buying abroad.
Hopefully the £ will be stronger post 23rd June !

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I think that, generally, it's cheaper to get them fitted abroad. That's what we did, after comparing the prices quoted by the German dealer, with those quoted by British companies. Best to ask the European dealers for their prices.
Palmowski offer a package of extras at a discount price. Other dealers may do the same.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We found it was cheaper to get the extras we wanted fitted by Campirama than to buy in the UK.

Having said that, we did try to ensure that, where possiible, the options we wanted had been fitted by the manufacturer at build time. That way it should be easier to get things fixed under warranty in the UK without any quibbling about dealer installation issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back