Need Thatcham Cat1 Alarm (1 Viewer)

E

ecosse08

Deleted User
Hi Folks

Hope this isn't a duplicate. We get our first motorhome in two weeks and need the Thatcham Cat 1 fitted ASAP. It's an Ace Napoli on the Fiat Ducato which already has an immobiliser. There's a lot of alarms out there but I'm unsure of the products and installation companies. I don't even know what is a reasonable price to pay. We are buying the MH in Somerset so anyone any experience of good companies there? Any advice, experience, opinions or recommendation will be gratefully received.

I only have a week to give the Dealer the cover note and no alarm. I'm getting alarmed though. Please help.

Many thanks.

Keith

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I think you will be looking at £200-£300 Make sure who ever does it knows what they are doing as Fiat use the cambus system for electrics, and you can't just add things willy nilly.

Not used them but Van Bitz comes well recomended.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Baldy

Free Member
May 8, 2008
The open road
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
officially since 22 feb 2010
alarming

Van Bitz are the only way to go. They do not install a generic car alarm, each alarm is tailor made to suit your requirments. Give them a call, you will not be dissapointed. :thumb: excellent product and excellent customer care.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

The Kar-Mann

Free Member
Jan 23, 2008
in a wood
Funster No
Exp
3 years
cat 1 alarm

We also have been told by our insurance company to fit an alarm.
Our dealer is sorting it all out and is providing a cirtificate for the insurance, but the bill is going to be £500 + this does cover the lockers and habitation area as well.
Good luck
Andy:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

ecosse08

Deleted User
Thanks

Hullo

Thanks for all the replies and info. I will give Vanbitz a call. I hope the insurers will insure it long enough to get there. A Vanbitz add said the base Strikeback alarm was £575 fitted.

This motorhome business is a very steep learning curve.

Cheers

Keith.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Baldy

Free Member
May 8, 2008
The open road
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
officially since 22 feb 2010
lockers

with the strikeback system you get as many lockers protected as you want. The habitation area is protected and can be isolated so that you can move around the inside of the motorhome without triggering the alarm.

give them a call and chat to them about your requirements, I promise you will not be dissapointed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

ecosse08

Deleted User
Update - Pre-Installation

Thanks again for all the advice. I called Vanvibz and got the full picture. The Strikeback T, supplied, fitted and inclusive of VAT is £575 that includes, all exterior doors. one exterior locker with any additional locker £25 each and an accessory loop which will cover bikes etc on the back. You can alarm the exterior doors and lockers etc while you are in by disabling the microwave (?) as they called it. It comes with a two-year warranty. Prices for other alarms came in around the same price. I decided to give Vanbitz the nod. I'm flying from Scotland to get the van and Vanbitz are installing the alarm four days prior to collection. They've liased with Highbridge who've agreed to deliver my van to Vanbitz to install the alarm and collect it afterwards. Good service, hope it's a good sign. All I have to do is go to Vanbitz so they can show me how to work it, collect the remotes oh and eh pay for it of course. There's always a downside. Hope this helps others who are also considering an alarm.

Cheers

Keith.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back