need someone with rv knowledge (1 Viewer)

lucky in leeds

Free Member
Mar 1, 2011
leeds
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
new
we are wanting to buy a c class rv for use in the uk. Have had some good and bad feedback on this idea. Any advice out there ??:Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi welcome to the forum ..

plenty of RV owners on here .. what kind of advice are you looking for, can you narrow it down a bit ?

eg.. Running costs , buying advice,

how do you plan to use it, how many in your family etc

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Warm welcome to this mob!

I knew nothing when I joined here, and I now know at least twice as much!

Best of luck!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
It would be interesting to know what bad feed-back you have got on the Class C RV------------everyone has their own idea on good and bad:thumb::thumb:
They are VERY popular, especially in US and Canada where they are used extensively as hire vehicles (this makes them cheaper as a s/h RV) not because they are no good----just because there are loads of ex rental units dumped on the US market.
All the basics are the same (and as good or bad as any US RV)------they are usually 8ft wide, same as most RVs--same engines as A/B class----but they have big storage/beds over cab.
Good luck with your search
Sorry forgot to welcome you to FUN
Nigel & Pamala

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Lucky, we have had two A class RVs before getting the B class that we have now. Obviously we have no overcab bed but otherwise ours is much as a C class.
We effectively downsized from the A class to get the 6" reduction in width, 12" lower and 3ft shorter , now 29 ft . All this to reduce forward planning on trips .We looked at every thing available in Euro models but the RV with slide outs and full spec took our money. We paid for LPG conversion which gives the equivalent of approaching 20 mpg , with LPG costing me 70p litre. If you can get one ready converted , a big saving or find a diesel model , there are a few about.
We love our RV with the space and comfort , but explore the dealers and don't jump in. If you have any questions please ask

Good luck

Larry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Hi Lucky,

l enjoy the comfort, space, and facilities that come with a US RV. This is my first RV, an A-Class, and l love it.

We rented a C-Class in the States for a while and that too was superb, but we didn't want nor need an overcab bed, hence the A-Class.

Happy searching, and always ask here for info, and help.

Craig

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Hi

In December we swapped from a 24ft European C Class to a 32ft Winnebago C Class and have not regretted a single moment

Not sure what you have heard to the negative but we can only say as we find.

Only downside is the fuel economy i guess but then you dont buy an RV for the fuel economy we are getting about 14mpg at the moment on a petrol engine vastly improved after some helpful driving tips from Rick (Motoroamin)

We have what is considered a minnie which is 32ft long i find it easier to drive than the 34ft A class we had for a short time but maybe because we had it only for a short time.

We have the overcab section but it is not a bed in ours it is an entertainment centre which we prefer because there is a large cut out which allows easy access to the cab. having said that we are still 6 berth, rear island Queen, dinette and sofa make up into beds.

we have a dinette with a sofa opposite which pushes out along with oven.

In my opinion you cannot beat an RV over a European motorhome but that is just personal preference we prefer the C Class but then again that is just us.

Happy Travels

Gary and Cathy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back