Need help with my Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

Joeboy49

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Clacton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
One year
hello guys
Am new to forums ,so please excuse my ignorance using it
Anyway
I have a Fiat Ducato Motorhome ,it's a 2004 plate, a bit dated, but it's ok for us
Just recently, the cigar sockets stopped working in the cab, having consulted my owners manual, I checked out all the fuses, but none seem to have blown,are there any other checks I can do?
I know some vehicles have a resister that protects the circuits, but I don't want to interfere with them, without further help
Another thing I noticed , my M Home, being a RHd, I checked the fuses on the offside.
But also opened the fuse box on the near side,just to find another bank of fuses, would these be live, or could they have been installed as part of assembly ?
The strange thing is
This happened soon after I had a reversing camera fitted by a garage,,and it's connected direct to fuse box, not via the reverse gear switch any help would be most appreciated
Joe

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
The fuse for the cigar lighter was in the left hand fusebox on my 04 Ducato.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi from Devon and welcomed to the fun .
I have an earlier ducato (lhd) with the fuse boxes in the glove box for the cigar lighter .yours should have the fuse marked on the cover of the fuse box .I would check continuity at the fuse in question . Have they piggybacked the fuse for the reversing cam.
You could tell them you had no problem before they started playing
Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi from East Sussex and :welc:
Sorry, I can't help with your problem but I'm sure someone will if the two answers above haven't already sorted it for you (y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Hi, apart from the two cab fuse boxes you also have one under the bonnet on the near side a big black box with two nuts holding the cover on. Worth checking them.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
hello guys
Am new to forums ,so please excuse my ignorance using it
Anyway
I have a Fiat Ducato Motorhome ,it's a 2004 plate, a bit dated, but it's ok for us
Just recently, the cigar sockets stopped working in the cab, having consulted my owners manual, I checked out all the fuses, but none seem to have blown,are there any other checks I can do?
I know some vehicles have a resister that protects the circuits, but I don't want to interfere with them, without further help
Another thing I noticed , my M Home, being a RHd, I checked the fuses on the offside.
But also opened the fuse box on the near side,just to find another bank of fuses, would these be live, or could they have been installed as part of assembly ?
The strange thing is
This happened soon after I had a reversing camera fitted by a garage,,and it's connected direct to fuse box, not via the reverse gear switch any help would be most appreciated
Joe
I had the same problem in my 04 Ducato, pretty sure the fuse is on the left hand side fuse box.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
:welc:
Sorry, I don't do fuses, someone on here will have the answer for you though.
Welcome to Fun.

OP
OP
J

Joeboy49

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Clacton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
One year
Hello guys
Thanks for your imput
I will check the cab fuses again,and as one of you suggested the one in the engine compartment
I am still finding my way around this site,so don't think I am ignoring you,anyway nice chatting with you all
Chat again soon
Joe

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hi! and welcome to 'Fun. It would seem that your problem is somehow connected to the fitting of a camera, this would seem to be a prime starting point for checking not just the continuity of each fuse but also its seating. As clumsy hands are possible, also check the cable contacts inside the box. You could also make sure that there is no power reaching the lighter with a meter.
Alan

OP
OP
J

Joeboy49

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Clacton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
One year
Hello Alan
I will check these out,
The camera was just connected straight in with an in line fuse,like you said I will do a meter test,
There is a cable hanging down behind the glove compartment,this I need to check,it might just be an MP3 player connection
Anyway thanks for your help
Joe

OP
OP
J

Joeboy49

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Clacton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
One year
Yes will do, just got to find my meter, moved house recently, so tools need sorting out

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It is fuse 44 or 52 I recall the handbook has them identified the wrong way around. 12 volt skt & cigar skt

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Blew mine last week using the rubbish Lidl tyre compressor. It's situation in the near side (left) fuse compartment. There's one either side.

Don't bother under the bonnet, you won't find it there :)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I had an intermittent problem with the electric windows on my old Ducato MH. I found the fuse and it was perfectly OK, refitted the fuse and all was well again. Happened a few time but I never did find the cause.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, it's worth noting you only have 5 free posts and I see you have used 4 of yours, hope you get it sorted . See you say you have a older 2004 van, that is a relatively new van in motorhomes many on here have vans 15/20 years old. So much to read on the forum just take your time you will soon find your way around it. :welc:

OP
OP
J

Joeboy49

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Clacton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
One year
Thanks guys,I will check out that fuse,44,and 52 one more time,the handbook is very misleading,as it says the fuse box on the right for RHD ,
I am off to the Lake District for 2 days(25-27Nov, so will need my sat nav
Many thanks to all
Joe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back