Need help with a Chevy countrymen camper (1 Viewer)

Nick Whittaker

Free Member
May 29, 2012
Kent
Funster No
MH
GMC Chevrolet
Exp
Hi there can anyone help me please. I've just bought a 1987 GMC Chevy & I need to find someone to service the liesure side for me plus check out the LPG system as it's stalling under braking. I'm down in Kent. Cheers Nick, very new campervanner......

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi and welcome...

There are a few members from your neck of the woods that have American RV`s...

But you may be better of asking the question on our sister site RVOC... which is an American RV dedicated site.... :thumb:

here = www.rvoc.co.uk

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
not that many in Kent

Not very many in Kent I regret. I have to travel some distance to get my RV dealt with... the mechanical side I can get done not to far away down in the Lamberhurst area... and for that matter even at my normal car garage if I had to in Little Bayham on the Kent / Sussex boarders.

But the habitation side it is a case you have to travel wide. There is Mercury down Sittingbourne way... he does repairs to campers. Who know he may be able to help?

You do not say what is wrong with the habitation side of things? LPG... I take it the vehicle is converted to run on LPG .. if not wrong they were just carb versions in that day and it was not that uncommon for them to play up... But as I run on petrol and do not use LPG for automotive power I cannot help you with someone in Kent.

I would suggest you get an American car magazine and see what dealers are working on American cars that may help... I know over Redhill Way on the Holmethorpe Industrial Estate off the A22 ....there is the American car company that used to be in Thornton Heath - near Croydon.. he once worked on one of my day vans and I hear he is now down in Redhill.. mechanical rather than habitation.

Sorry cannot help further

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back