Free Member
Jun 17, 2013
California, USA
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
5 years
I have been wandering on the internet and found this great place. My husband and I have a class C motorhome that we use throughout the U.S.

We are wondering about renting a motorhome to tour the U.K. and would appreciate any advice. Is it cheaper than renting a car and booking rooms?
What are typical campground fees, etc.

Any and all tips, advice and suggestions are appreciated. We have driven in the UK and know all about driving on the left thank goodness.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and :welcomefunster:
Margaret & Bill (south of Scotland):Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
renting a motorhome in the uk is more expensive than hiring a car and cheapish hotels, but it gives more freedom. campsite fees vary on the time of year with high season in the summer being up to £30 per night on really good quality sites in tourist hotspots. low season and the same sites charge as little as £15.

its certainly not a cheap hobby/vacation choice but its worth it

I would recommend avoiding the school summer break, which is 6 weeks from the end of July through to September. travel just after and most attractions are still fully open but at better prices and less crowded. thats why many retired folk take their summer holiday at that time

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
The following which is about 4 miles from the East Midlands Airport, will give you an idea of prices etc. Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back