need a soft floor repair in cambridgeshire area (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
hi
I have a soft floor in my CI 656 and need to have the floor injected from the outside/underneath.

could anyone recommend a mobile fitter/ workshop within 50 miles of cambridge that could carry out the work at a reasonable cost

regds neill

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
hi
I have a soft floor in my CI 656 and need to have the floor injected from the outside/underneath.

could anyone recommend a mobile fitter/ workshop within 50 miles of cambridge that could carry out the work at a reasonable cost

regds neill

Me thinks your plan is Flawed "Gravity" dictates its injected from the inside:Doh:
Geo

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
If you inject it in from above don't do what I did.
I didn't put enough weight on the floor after injecting it you need to put paving slabs on the area my floor kept swelling after I fitted the laminate in my swift I ended up cutting a square out of the floor with the vibrating saw then fitted king span in with silicone then re fitted the laminate floor never had a problem then hope this helps somebody.

Teddyj

Free Member
May 10, 2013
St Neots
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Need soft floor repair in Cambridgeshire area

Hi bubble63
I have recently,successfully,fixed soft floor on my M.H.I did the job From above,to do it from below IMHO would be a complete no no.Why must you do it from below?My autotrail had a fully carpeted floor with furniture fitted on top,I removed carpet from all of the central area, did repair and got self adhesive vynil planks from B&Q and the jobs fantastic,just need some loose rugs now.
Hope this helps.
Ted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bubble63
Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
thanks for the input so far:thumb:

i have fitted vinyl , and loose carpets, but my vinyl seems to be attached , its the floor that getting spongy in the high tread area near the galley / bathroom

i have read of injection from below leaving the flooring intact. i guess you inject 'rods' of resin to sure up the floor

the installer drills a matrix of holes, injects and fixes the floor, just need a contractor to do it!

anymore suggestions :Smile:

neill
cambridge

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You are still not addressing what made it spongy in the first place :Eeek: Are you sure you don't have a small weeping leak from either bathroom or sink area? Simply walking on the floor will not weaken it you have a underlying problem --If you are sure nothings amiss can you add some 3/4 ply from underneath (glued and screwed)? thus strengthening the floor in that area
terry

OP
OP
bubble63
Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Hi
I assume the floor is softening because it is in a high foot fall area and we are all large adults present

The floor is - top ply -70 mm polystyrene- ply

I assume the polystyrene is compressing slightly due to heavy traffic
Hence resin vertical injections will stabilise the sandwich

Hence injections from underneath and a request for a recommended fitter

I think some people may have de lamination, I don't think I have that , the floor is slightly compressing and I am keen to fix it early

I have read of others having this done, but I need a recommend

Sorry for the confusion but I don't think I have a leak, just Italian engineering

:)

Neill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bubble63
Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
bump

still looking for someone who injects from the bottom!!

i know its been done, just trying to find anyone who does it :Smile:

neill

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Just to brighten up the thread I was at my local engineers the other week and the young guy was getting a right earful from the boss
I asked what he had done wrong and was told he was was sorting a delaminated floor in a MH and drilled RIGHT THROUGH the floor then tried to inject the hardener which ran out underneath
Boss not a happy bunny !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back