LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Well looks like the brexit vote has already having an effect.
Just got to France, settled down to some typical French fare and wine and tune in the television.
Invalid format.
??????
OK, had to phone EE to arrange eurodata as the first text said I wanted Europass. Both not on my plan apparently.
Yes, europass add on via phone. OK, Google Avtex after reading some posts regarding their help line. Got number, premium rated. Explained it all and got informed that France has changed to HD so my television is no good in France.
Only a couple of years old and not the cheapest tele available so think it'll be an alternative next time or might shop for one here.

OP
OP
EX51SSS

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Yep! Apparently my television doesn't work because of the changeover, I suppose similar to when we stopped analogue. TV only 3 years old and that's the information straight from Avtex.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
You may find a replacement at a reasonable price from Narbonne Accessoir (?) who are all over France.
Will your TV still work in the UK? If it does you could sell it over here.

Alan

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Think I'd be having a firm chat with Avtex. Information published in France suggests some pre-2008 TV sets will have problems. The change is from mpeg2 to mpeg4 HD. mpeg4 as a standard has been around for some considerable time and I'm surprised any modern TV can't cope with it.

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Just got back from France and our avtex would find channels then come up with"some elements missing" so that's the reason!!We used the satellite dish except when we were on sites with trees!!and read books instead!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back