Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
So, just back from our first full week away in Scotland - very enjoyable and successful despite the weather! We have realised, however, that we do need to do something in the way of entertainment for those long hours confined to the 'van by the weather.

We have a 12v TV, but neither of us are great TV watchers, and what with the variability of reception and the hassle of rigging aerial etc. we had decided to do without. We're now thinking though that a DVD player might be a good idea - 12v preferably just in case we're not on hook-up.

There is one currently on e-bay that looks to fit the bill Link Removed but I'd welcome any advice, especially re. price - it seems maybe a little expensive for a non-warranty piece of kit.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi TW we had a stand alone 12 dvd player but swooped it for a tv with built in DVD when they became cheaper:thumb:This may well be the way for you to go lots to choose from and not half as much wiring :Smile:Plenty of threads on 12v tvs/built in DVD at the moment from around £100
terry

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If it was me..
£85 in Asda gets you a brand new 16" LED TV with built in DVD player also a USB conection so you can connect a hard drive. It's mains only but a small 150w inverter is maybe £20 on ebay. Power consumption is low at about 1.66amps.....
Nice and neat, all built in 1...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
What I have done is ripped my DVD's to an external hard disk. If your TV is a recent model you can plug the hard disk straight in a watch them.

If you have an older model you can get cheapo media streamers for about £20 or so. You plug the hard disk into this and then into your TV.

The beauty of this is you don't need to carry loads of DVD's. You can carry a bigger selection. It uses less power and space. You don't risk damaging your DVD's or getting them nicked when on the road...

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I paid £99 for a 16 inch TV/DVD mains and 12v in Comet. V. pleased with it, back-lit (?) so good picture quality.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hi TW we had a stand alone 12 dvd player but swooped it for a tv with built in DVD when they became cheaper:thumb:This may well be the way for you to go lots to choose from and not half as much wiring :Smile:Plenty of threads on 12v tvs/built in DVD at the moment from around £100
terry

and it's worth mentioning (cause not everyone realises this) that the TV/DVD player will also play CD's
Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back