Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
just back from the show bit of a let :Sad: down. Thought as billed as the international caravan & motorhome show that all the manufacturers would be there with all of their 2011 offerings, but no, just dealers who brought just the models they felt like. No tempting show deals or even much in the way of bargains at the accessory stands.
better by far newark and lincoln shows with the added atraction of camping with the funsters:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We went yesterday and although they had loads of nice mh and 3 big rvs the one that caught our eye was the motorhome with the pop up top so 2 could sleep on the roof. Thought it was a great space saving idea.

We also like some of the van conversion models like the la strada with drop downbed and Lorraine like the small hymer a class cant remember model but was nice and compact.

Gerry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
but no, just dealers who brought just the models they felt like.

It offends me. WE pay to view what they want to sell us.

Stuff that.

Let's hope Tesco don't cotton on to the idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Thanks Mick.
Saved me the hassal then.
I have been a couple of times and can honestly say that I cant really be arsed with all the pompus dealers not willing to speak with me.

Money kept well in pocket then.:winky:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
me and kieran stayed sat with the intention of doing the show sat/ sunday
only went to see new rs a class done whole show in 2 hours left at 8am sunday
called in to the peak district for a few hours then home just nothing new unless you want
to spend 100k plus:Sad:

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Found What We Want!!

Hi All

First of all a big thanks to Road Runner for sharing the advice on the free ticket front. :thumb:

This was our first show and we really went hoping to find THE ONE! & guess what we did. :thumb: It has totally blown the budget but hey, thats the hubbys department. It is a Chausson Suite (Sweet) Garage 5-7 berth. It has an island kitchen, huge lounge which is a must and raised electric bed to free up the bit over the cab. The only thing is we didn't want to buy brand spanking new really, but it is a 2011 model so we may have to wait a while for a used one or demo maybe?

It was the last one we looked at and we spent a good hour in it investigating! The sales guy was fantastic giving us all the info we needed and answered all our questions. No pressure for a sale at all, unlike Rollerteam.

Overall I found it a great learning experience and enjoyed an afternoon with the hubby on our own which is a rare occasion and we are so pleased that we have finally decided which MH we want!

Just one little niggle I had though with the salespeople on 2 different stands were their attitudes towards us. I don't know whether it is because of our age (early 30's) or what, but they were very quick to make assumptions.

For example 'I would have been surprised if you came out of that MH and told me that was the one that you would like at £75k'

and

'it has great pull this one if you were to go to the Pyrenees, not that you probably would' how rude !!!!

I was always told to never judge a person on their looks etc you don't know what peoples circumstances are...for all they know we could be the £113m euromillions winners :ROFLMAO: and we will be going skiing in it for the record.:ROFLMAO:

Does anyone have any experience of importing? As this may be an option we would consider.

Thanks

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Does anyone have any experience of importing? As this may be an option we would consider.

Thanks

There is a great post by Geo regarding importing. If you do a search on his posts you will find it.
Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back