LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Has any funsters been to the NEC show yet and if so were you tempted to order a 2011 model.
We are planning on going over the next few days. Would have liked to have stayed over but campsite to exspensive, If any funsters have used it let us know if you think it was worth it, we may consider it next year if feedback is good. :Smile:

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
We went there today and we where tempted to buy a new motorhome, but as we cannot afford a new motorhome we kept away from the salesmen :ROFLMAO:

Rasmus

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Stayed at the CC site for last 2 nights, very expensive, limited amenities and basic services. We'd think more than twice about staying in future, marquee for food is very good and sensibly priced, entertainment ok but a bit loud, drinks prices are truly buttock clenching!

All in all 3/10 my wife says 5/10 but thats women for you.

Be warned though it has on site portable generators for the 6 amp 220v supply so noise is continuous and depending on distance from generator can be very obtrusive.

Site is however very clean and well marshalled so no security issues. Single toilet block is clean and well maintained to a high standard

Stewart

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We went for two days, it was supposed to be for four but I had to cut it short. Looked at the campsite but they wanted £27.50 a night as I am not a CC member so I didn't bother. I booked in to the Holiday inn and took the car with our free News of the World tickets

By the time I factored in the fuel saving from not taking the RV and negotiating the room rate down from £79 to £60, for two, breakfast included, I was in pocket.::bigsmile:

A good show. The motorhomes are presented very well, much better than in a field, plenty of use of lights to show up lockers and garages. Some of the stands looked very professional indeed, with lots of new German registered vehicles straight in from across the water. I have quite a few photos, I will upload some later.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've been twice in the past and used the CC sites at Warwick and Chapel Lane. Neither is too far away, so travel is easy, and they are cheaper & more peaceful than the temporary site.

Graham

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
NEC

We are on the Campsite at present leaving this morning after 2 nights.Yes its expensive £27.50 even for members of CClub,but there are free buses,6 amps elec and entertainment if you want it.
We can only hear a slight hum from the generator so no problem there.
We stayed here last year and would certainly do it again as its the convenience for us, no fighting the traffic jams.
The show is excellent we think better than last year.
We have narrowed our choice down to 3 vans, just as well we are not changing yet.
Would certainly reccomend a visit
Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back