nec show

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by pigginchilli, Mar 1, 2016.

1. pigginchilli

pigginchilli Read Only Funster

Hi, After much talking with my wife we feel we have to say it was s**t, The only good thing was the friendly people from france and spain tempting us to go there in our van, and preston motorhomes who are great.(y)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Enjoyed the show due to the good company..... the rest was a bit average but worth a look every couple of years. Saw a very nice Frankia but that was about it, really.

.....oh, and got out of buying @GJH lunch ;) the Dux wallet still remains intact:LOL:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I'll catch you at Peterborough when I bring you the Supreme Acklam Piesties (complete with carrots of course) :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. DuxDeluxe

I could always commit suicide by jumping off the top of my wallet. In amongst all the moths, I did find a white fiver - personally signed by the guvnor.......

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Abacist

Abacist Funster

Good summary - Good Frankia and the rest was a bit of a disappointment! I shall only go in future to the Autumn show at the NEC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MannClan

MannClan Funster

got to agree, we drove over from Peterborough and only spent a couple of hours there, very disappointing

7. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

I couldn't of been more pleased with the show. We bought a MH in the Oct 15 show and used this one to get the accessories I think I need. The only thing that we were looking for but didn't find was a collapsable kettle, so went to Go Outdoors on the way home. Everything else we went for, we got at good prices.

Oh and monopolised @eddievanbitz time. :LOL:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. RitaG

RitaG Funster

Must say that we were disappointed with the show this year. All we bought were a couple of their overpriced sandwiches. Don't think we will bother with this particular show again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Same here ,didn't go this year as last year was bad enough..the Warners shows are so much better as you can browse without any pressure ,and of course motorhomefun is at most if not all so a good weekend and usually great entertainment always available... Much better .as you're fair!y local, the southern show is on at Newbury in may.always a good turnout of exhibitors and good evening entertainment a d of course the funsters Will be there ..Roy

• Like Like x 1
  10. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

Best thing was the free bus ride from the show car park past all the lovely empty car parks nearer to the show that had obviously been left empty to save us all using our precious fuel driving to somewhere we could park and walk from thus putting their bus drivers jobs in jeopardy......

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. pigginchilli

Our bus had leather seats so that was a bonus!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

It was a couple of nights out to test the new Hymer (y) buy a new Avtex and confirm our correct decision for the new mhome.
    We also had a good nights entertainment in the cclub marquee on Tuesday.
    Probably go again, breaks the miserable winter.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

You were lucky. We used to dream of havin a seat on't bus. Luxury. Stood standin for us folk.

• Like Like x 2
  14. pigginchilli

Hymer and avtex! i can just about afford the tv :notworthy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. pigginchilli

Free car park was good as gigs at the nec, well the last one i can remember was whitesnake in 2002?? were not free.

16. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

There was a sign on the car park saying that by parking for free you had "saved" £12. I presume that's because it would have cost £12 to park in Central London if you had gone there instead of the NEC, or maybe it would have cost £12 to buy an Airfix model or a jigsaw puzzle if you had stayed at home instead of going to the show? If the car parking had cost £12 I would have turned straight round and gone to Fosters fishing tackle shop to spend it on maggots rather than give it to them lot! I guess they just plucked any old number out of the air, or does it actually cost £12 to park there sometimes?

• Like Like x 1
  17. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We spent less than 30 quid in 3 days - 2 coffees, 2 cokes and 2 tickets using the C&CC voucher on Friday. First time we had been to teh February show. We enjoyed it but will probably stick to October in future.
    We didn't bother with the marquee. As we could hear the bands from inside our van a good distance away we decided it would be much too loud inside :)
    It's alright for you. When we were stood standin' on Thursday I had to talk to @eddievanbitz. Got him back though - he had to talk to me :LOL:
    Apparently, yes, at some events. I don't know what the net total of parking and tickets is in such cases though.

It was the first time we had stayed at the CC temporary site. In previous years we had stayed at CC Warwick and CC Chapel Lane and driven in. Last October we stayed at a B&B hotel. The temp site is far more convenient and, though expensive, cheaper than the B&B. Pity the generator failed several times though :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Popeye

Popeye Funster

All together now; Oh Oive never seed a farmer on a bike, oh Oive never seed a framer on a bike..etc

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. DuxDeluxe

........and it would have been less than 20 quid had we not succeeded in avoiding you for lunch......... ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I'm confused ... if you stayed on the CC 'site' didn't it also cost you £30 a night for the privilege?I thought by doing this you also got 'free' entry into the show each day ... if not and you have to pay for entry on TOP, which is what I assume due to you using the C&CC voucher, then it was an EXPENSIVE show!o_O