NEC SHOW - Motorhome Viewing Required....Please? (1 Viewer)

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Good evening,

As I am unable to get to the NEC this year I wondered if anyone visiting over the next day or so might be able to take a look at the kitchen layout of a motorhome please and provide some honest feedback as to its design and practicability?

The motorhome in question is the Niesmann + Bischoff 7.4 E and I think they are located on stand 10.71.

Having seen pictures I quite like the idea of a kitchen area that serves as a sideboard when not in use, but am unsure how it's manifested in real design.

I'm looking to ditch the oven in our van and have the kitchen re-designed and this design looks like it might be just what we are looking for as a replacement.

So, anyone who might be venturing onto the N&B stand and takes a look at the motorhome galley your honest appraisal and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all,

Cheers

Andy

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Andy

Are you talking about the Smove Coachbuilt with the folds over kitchen cover.

Martin

OP
OP
Imbiber

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Martin,

Yes I think so?

I have the MMM 2017 Motorhome guide as a reference.

It looks like a sink with built in hob, a flip up section and a sliding section that doubles as work surface....if that makes sense!

Have you seen them?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This one I guess,

http://www.niesmann-bischoff.com/smove-interieur/158/663

We saw it at Dusseldorf, yes it's all very nice and tidy when you put the covers over but you need to put all the kitchen stuff away and then when it's a sideboard it looks really good and it's practical until you have to put the sideboard stuff away to use the kitchen, depends on how you want to use it I guess but it wouldn't suit us.

Martin

Trevor Pettifer

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff Arto 83
Exp
3 months
Not sure what a sideboard is so can't help with that but I can recommend Niesmann and Bischoff motorhomes - fantastic build quality.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We looked at it but couldn't figure out how to keep the flap open whilst using the sink till a lady pointed out the little plastic clip that needed to be folded out above. What a faff.....

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Had a look at them today, top draw build quality and very innovative designs throughout all the ranges
Considering sending the wife out to work so we can afford one

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We looked at them today. I wasn't sure that I liked the very angular and primitive kitchen tops. A very ordinary clip to hold the worktop open seemed cheap in a very expensive van. I also disliked the illusion in the kitchen that you got 3 large drawers under the kitchen when in fact you got 3 half drawers because each had been cut in half to accomodate the 'swing' of the toilet in the bathroom. That said, I loved the exterior of the van and I loved the the finish inside, apart from the cheap kitchen look.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
I didnt win the lotto tonight so my helicopter trip up to brum was cancelled . Mind tho im happy with the van ive got so just as well . I would like to go though sometime to see whats on offer (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I don't fancy that idea of having the toilet in the kitchen drawer unit. There doesn't seem to be much kitchen storage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back