NEC Exhibition getting fresh water (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi,

we've just returned from our first trip with our new motorhome and loved it. I have booked up for the NEC exhibition on Thursday night, but would like to stay overnight somewhere near on the Wednesday night. I was thinking about a service station as the camp sites have a minimum of two nights. My motorhome is on a secure site with no fresh water facilities. I just wondered what the best way would be of loading up with water before we go. Also do you have to contact the service station to get agreement to park up overnight or can you just park up?

Thanks.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
when at the service station you phone the carpark company and pay via a credit card, cheaper to park in a layby and fill with water at a garage, lots cheaper also

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Why not do a pub stopover... many will let you stay and better for everyone if you buy a meal in the pub and park for free.. Motorway services are not the best place to stay and you have to pay there are well...

Here is one i found.. Just off the A42 north of Brum, so on route to the NEC..
Storey Arms
41 Main Street
Osgathorpe Leics
Loughborough
Leicestershire
LE12 9TA

There is a nice pub close to me but it's not on your route.. More handy for anyone coming south on the M6.

Wheatsheaf inn
Wolverhampton Road
Laney Green
Cannock / Wolverhampton
Staffordshire
WV10 7LU

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Aug 7, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for all your suggestions, I like the one about the pub I never thought about that. It just shows me how much versatility the motorhome allows. I'll definitely be using one of those.

Thanks to everyone again, I also love the camaraderie amongst motorhome owners it's great.

Upvote 0

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
hi and welcome try the bowling green inn in bromsgrove the landlords name is paul hes a great guy free parking for 1 or 2 nights just buy a pint or a meal [lovely food as well ] he has an apple and pear orchard so grab as many as u like he dont mind as long as you ask.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
hi and welcome try the bowling green inn in bromsgrove the landlords name is paul hes a great guy free parking for 1 or 2 nights just buy a pint or a meal [lovely food as well ] he has an apple and pear orchard so grab as many as u like he dont mind as long as you ask.

Bit out the way as he's coming from Gateshead, Newcastle.. !!

BUT.... Useful for anyone coming up M5 route :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Aug 7, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks again for replies, I phoned the Storey Inn and will be parking there. Very nice lady on the 'phone. No food though but plenty of beer.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back