Nearly there !!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ianthebuilder, Nov 21, 2015.

1. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

ok people, i have been on here for a few weeks now and thanks for putting up with a bloke who hasnt even got a mh yet,but hopefully its all about to change! This week coming i am to get my exchange and completion date on the house,and this will be within the next ten days (they want to be in by december) so fingers crossed........I will be looking for a mh immediately,in fact i am looking now but i would only be able to pay a deposit as funds wont be available till completion! I am looking for a 4 berth as this will be my main residence (in spain) over the winter. I would like a fixed bed,with a storage(small garage i think there called) for some tools etc. I passed my test late 70s so driveable weight shouldnt be a problem..I have been looking on ebay and have seen some nice ones but most i see are being sold by motorhomedepot,these as i have been told are in administration and im a bit hesitant to go thru this company,they may well be great but im just a bit apprehensive ! I think i would prefer to buy privately but im still open to that,,the main thing i have to consider is price,i only have a budget up to approx £16,000 but may be able to stretch a bit more for the right mh...I have read on the site about the usual things to watch out for,damp,etc, but a big thing for me is being able to trust the seller ! I think i would get a better deal privately this close to christmas,with the cash etc but any help and advice is needed,and if anyone knows of a mh that would be a good deal for me,i would love to hear from you .... and thanks for bearing with me when i have posted,i wont feel so much of a fraud when i have bought and have a mh of my own.........ian....

• Like Like x 3
  2. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Don't be silly ..better to get on here early and learn a bit about vans then come on here after buying a lemon:)

• Like Like x 5
  3. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

I'm not sure how buying through motorhome depot works but I believe they are a broker so acting as a go between for the seller and buyer, OK it not exactly a private sale but it might be worth asking them if the owners shows you around it or if it always their agent, I like to meet the previous owner and get a bit of personal history on the vehicle.

Martin

4. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

Thanks judge,,martin thats exactly what i mean,previous owner etc,,

5. Judge Mental

I would stay clear of UK built vans. Look at genuine private sales. Once you find something you like get it checked out properly. Better to waste a little money before purchasing....then end up with a you know what:)

Good luck with house sale...so stressful:censored:

6. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

yes its been a nightmare mate,,i have never sold a house before,never again......i hope buying and selling a mh is less drama ! lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Judge Mental

8. Bacchus

Bacchus Funster

Brokers still hold deposits and monies until the deal is complete, supposedly in an untouchable client account, but it has been known in the boating world for brokers to put client monies into their business account if they're struggling, and the client can lose that money if the business curls up its toes at the wrong time.

I haven't heard anything about this particular broker and wouldn't want to suggest anything, but if the OP isn't sure of them he would be well advised to avoid, and if he is completely new and the van will be his home, he may also be well advised to use a reputable dealer for the after sales support [edit] or, yes, as @Judgemental says above, spend on an independent report [/edit]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bacchus

Bacchus Funster

I think that definitely falls into the "if it's too good to be true it probably is" category - 2007 version with 30000 miles... for five grand. And "give me your details and I'll contact you".

screen shot as I suspect the ad won't be there forever
    upload_2015-11-21_9-17-32.png

10. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

11. Lynne Steele

Lynne Steele Funster

• Like Like x 1
  12. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

yes i think everyone is right,too good to be true ! In fact i am on ebay as we speak and to be honest theres lots of too good to be true mh for sale,,all around £5000, it pisses me off to be honest,,i mean im looking to get the best deal i can but these ads surely are looking for mugs??? who can you trust??

13. Judge Mental

you have to trust your own skepticism....its a weird one that Adria as he seems to be a trader selling all sorts of vehicles (looking at his other items). unless its a real elaborate scam which it well could be. get you to think you have discovered a gem at give way price among the trash....for instance all the photos seem to be in different locations.

email him and see what he says....:)

14. garjanco

garjanco Funster

• Like Like x 1
  15. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

If you look at the 'other items' they are selling, it looks like they are a dealer of motor vehicles but if you open each individual item they are all in different locations in the UK. Perhaps they are an agent like Motorhome depot? or perhaps not!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. garjanco

garjanco Funster

If you look at his feedback he has only sold 1 item all oter feedback is for purchases, so if a dealer or agent they have not sold any vehicle on ebay as far as I can see

17. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

I have emailed,,asking for details etc,and where it can be seen,,so we will just have to wait ! Garjanco,,that is a smashing offer and a cool thing to do for someone,i appreciate it ,,,watch this space,,,ian

18. garjanco

garjanco Funster

No problem Ian motorhomers are a special breed and we all help each other whenever we can::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
    Gary and Janet

• Like Like x 2
  19. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

i have actually realised that since i have been on the site, and to be honest the help is much appreciated,in fact the offer is much appreciated,,i have had a lot going on for the last year( not all good) and i have done much alone..you wouldnt believe what an offer like that feels like at the moment! Thanks gary,janet. ( Ps i never expect anything for nothing and any help from anybody will be repaid in one way or another...)

20. Judge Mental

well spotted so an elaborate scam I suspect...See how easy it is to draw people in though folks:censored: