Nearly brought an illegal back to UK!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mack100, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Mack100

Mack100 Funster

Arrived at the Tunnel French end at about 12.15 local time and took Archie to the pet passport centre. Didn't think to check under MH not that it would've made any difference and proceeded to ticket collection passports etc.

Full inspection underneath by armed copper and then we parked up and had lunch. We got called for the 13.50 train and drove until the very last barrier before descending down the ramp. The fellow at the barrier didn't seem like a security type, more just to check out ticket but he bent down and looked under MH.

When he started shouting "Allez, allez" I didn't think for one moment it was for the armed copper with the biggest Rottweiler in creation.
    I looked into the nearside wing mirror to see a young guy drop from underneath the MH whereupon he sat crosslegged with hands on head, last thing I saw was this copper and dog descending on him.

The only place he must have been able to get access was in the so-called secure area after check-in.

2. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    If you had been a truck driver that could have cost you up to £2000,hence the threatened blockade of Dover this weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mack100

Mack100 Funster

That did occur to me. Seems unfair to genuine working drivers when the security seems so lax.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Dear God!!!. What THE HELL are things coming to?? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

BBC Breakfast News came from the French side of the channel. Its a blooming nightmare for anyone trying to simply come back home to the UK :swear:

Some of the haulage companies are paying out £1000's to the Government in fines for bringing back illegal immigrants, but they seem content to quote policy and throw money at the French, like it'll make the problem go away :swear2:

Then the immigrant are getting all aggressive and fronting up to the police, showing they’re exactly the kind of people we want back here in our country!!:boxing::swear2:

• Like Like x 1
  6. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

God forbid, but I dont think it'll be long before someone dies over this, either someone falling from beneath a vehicle or a driver getting beaten up for not assisting and throwing people off their vehicles :(

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

I'm very tempted to go illegal and try and get a teaser.

Very scary all these reports...

Or a handgun...

• Like Like x 3
  8. Pikeman

Pikeman Funster

Surely this is putting many people off of using Calais as a crossing point, therefore there are financial losses to the ports and operators. I am amazed that they have not lobbied for better security - money talks!

9. richr

richr Funster

Why not have a "sheep dip" type of pit to drive through or high pressure sprayers do the underside of vehicles.

Dont think any one would want to be under a vehicle with that happening, word would soon get around.

Why doesnt this country send out a lot of propaganda saying no home no money no jobs here to be had.

If that doesnt work say there are vigilantes roaming the streets looking for illegals :eek:

• Like Like x 8
  10. Tootles

Tootles Funster

If you used a sheep dip, they would claim EEC Farming Subsidy as well!

• Like Like x 8
  11. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

And then getting run over by the next 30 or so vehicles......we live in hope.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Geordies

Geordies Funster

We came back thro Tunnel last Thursday, not a spot of bother, not a sign of any illegals at all !! Mind, the bottom of the MH is well waxoyled, bet even Spider-man could not hold onto that.

Why don't the authorities run Q-trucks towards Calais ? They could have empty trailers, slow down, let loads of illegals jump into back then lock the container doors, put the truck onto a ferry to Somalia, open the doors at a Somali port and wave off the illegals with a cheery "Have a nice day, see you next time".

• Like Like x 13
  13. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Why not what Tangier Med does... Ask everyone to leave there vehicles and scan the vehicles so many at a time ... Only took minutes ...very effective

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

My God Wires in Blair/Cameron Britain possession of that's a crime which almost matches the very worst excesses of the Third Reich!:sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bertie Bassett

Now that's a plan!:D

• Like Like x 4
  16. laser101uk

laser101uk Funster

Came back on the tunnel on Sunday, saw two illegals hanging about outside the fence. No one checked under the van apart from me. French police used that magic stick thing to wipe the steering wheel and UK passport asked me where we stayed last night and if we had stopped anywhere on the way to the tunnel.

17. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Eurotunnel should employ some of these illegals to check under the vehicles for other illegals and pay them so they would have no incentive to come here.
    That would cut down the amount of illegals coming over and free up border control to walk around looking mean with their lollipop scanners.
    It probably wouldn't work, but it's a better idea than our government will come up with.

• Like Like x 4
  18. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I find it all a bit sad and also potentially scary. I don't mean someone trying to steal a lift under a MH, they have been jumping into lorries for decades, the MH angle is just a recent twist.

What is worrying is the numbers trying to escape wherever they come from are increasing. The pressure will only get worse.

The haves and the have nots.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Bertie Bassett

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

I've got one I'd like to send the other way...

See my new post...

• Like Like x 1