NE 183 Control panel problems

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by skybluemarky, Apr 14, 2010.

1. skybluemarky

skybluemarky Read Only Funster

Hi

Hope I'm posting this in the right section. We have a swift sundance 590rl and the control panel is acting strangely. The display went like black blocks and you couldn't make anything out. I took the panel off and replaced the battery and whilst doing that found the contrast knob and turned that around. That improved the display and you can make things out better but it still looks strange. Been quoted £270 for a replacement, I was wondering if anyone had similar or knew somewhere that repairs them. It is a NE183.
    Thanks

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi skybluemarky

Welcome to MH Fun :welcomefunster:

Sorry can't help with problem but someone who can is bound to be along soon.

Best af luck.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Maybe you can !

Can you see any identification on the display? It's certain to be an off the shelf one so if you can identify it there's a good chance you could swap it - does it look like it plugs in ?

If the panel functions correctly then it's probably the display or if you are very unlucky a bad voltage coming off the computer panel.

Where are you - it always helps if you edit your resume (my profile) and give us some clues.

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi skybluemarky

This is quite a common problem.

If you remove the panel again and disconnect the 12v plugs and replace them after 30 seconds you will find that this will sort this out for you.

Any more probs you are more than welcome to call us.

Regards

JX Workshops