Naviextras Software (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I currently have a Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 Media unit, the Sat Nav uses the Naviextras Software which l think is really quite good.

I am looking to purchase a 7"Sat Nav for use in various vehicles but want the Naviextras software,does anyone know of a brand that carries this software? It appears to fitted only to inbuilt units.

Thanks.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Is it not the same as the igo 9? I know my chinese sat nav comes up with naviextras but I think they are trying to sell me updates.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I currently have a Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 Media unit, the Sat Nav uses the Naviextras Software which l think is really quite good.

I am looking to purchase a 7"Sat Nav for use in various vehicles but want the Naviextras software,does anyone know of a brand that carries this software? It appears to fitted only to inbuilt units.

Thanks.
Have you seen this page on their website? https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/devicessupport
You'll be glad to know your Blaupunkt is on the list!:whistle::whistle::whistle: Don't know if any there are standalone units?
I gave up on the inbuilt sat nav on our Auto-trail (Naviextras software) as I couldn't come to terms with it (been using Garmin for years!) and the cost of updating maps. From memory it was around £140 \ annum. So, paid £160 for a Garmin Camper 760 with lifetime maps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Have you seen this page on their website? https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/devicessupport
You'll be glad to know your Blaupunkt is on the list!:whistle::whistle::whistle: Don't know if any there are standalone units?
I gave up on the inbuilt sat nav on our Auto-trail (Naviextras software) as I couldn't come to terms with it (been using Garmin for years!) and the cost of updating maps. From memory it was around £140 \ annum. So, paid £160 for a Garmin Camper 760 with lifetime maps.
It was standard in my N+B, however like you I was astounded at their charges for updates, furthermore I was stuck with some old maps as I had not done the Free update within 90 days from first switch on (which was done at the German dealer well before I took delivery). I tried to explain to them that with a new complex motor home what's the first thing I am going to do? Right check the updates on the Sat Nav. Total robbers, glad I rely on CoPilot.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
So, paid £160 for a Garmin Camper 760 with lifetime maps
You'll go a long way (ha ha, rather apt as it's a sat nav) to beat the Garmin. I've got the Garmin Camper 660 LTM. It is easily user friendly to switch between vehicles or to alter the dimensions of the vehicle. I have my parameters set at 14' 7", 60' long, 9' 0" wide and 44 tonnes. I can switch to car or easily reset my parameters for my Moho. 660 is the 6"version. 760 is the 7" version.

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I've actually got the Garmin 760 as a back up and previously a Snooper 8500 which wasn't that good even with the hefty price tag, however, I don't get on with the 760 at all,the information it gives out is slow and laborious compared to my Naviextras unit which performs perfectly and that I have complete confidence in.

I did register it within 30days at the start and updated the mapping online about 3 weeks ago at no extra cost!

It's rather odd that the only Stand alone SatNav unit that offers Naviextras Mapping is the Chinese ones offered on EBay at low money and probably low reliability.

The Garmins going anyway so I might give one a try.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
It was standard in my N+B, however like you I was astounded at their charges for updates, furthermore I was stuck with some old maps as I had not done the Free update within 90 days from first switch on (which was done at the German dealer well before I took delivery). I tried to explain to them that with a new complex motor home what's the first thing I am going to do? Right check the updates on the Sat Nav. Total robbers, glad I rely on CoPilot.
Same as me, forgot to do it within 90days (New York Blaupunkt) did you have any joy with naviextras or find a way round it
Thks

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Same as me, forgot to do it within 90days (New York Blaupunkt) did you have any joy with naviextras or find a way round it
Thks
No, and I was only 1 day out. They kept asking for different bits of paperwork, like to prove I did not even have it invoiced (the van) to me when they say it was first fired up. So as its not that good anyway compared to CoPilot I just decided that it was not worth the money to update the maps

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
It's rather odd that the only Stand alone SatNav unit that offers Naviextras Mapping is the Chinese ones offered on EBay at low money and probably low reliability.

And the chances are the software is pirated and may or may not get updates! A few threads on Chinese sat navs on the forum that may be of interest to you prior to commiting.

Chaumo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A few years
I does anyone know of a brand that carries this software?

I have a Clarion nx505e using this. It does everything.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back