Navibuzz Chinese Gps Lorry Setting? (1 Viewer)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Does it work?
Just been for a week touring the Cotswolds, and apart from a few idiosyncratic oddities liveable with a £40 unit, its worked really well...
...except...
...I use the "Lorry" setting, putting in accurate dimensions - and yet, I got directed down some pretty narrow, even single track lanes which has proved 'interesting'.

Of course it could just be there are no other routes.

Does anyone "lie" to their machine about length, width & weight?

I had mine set on "Easy" route planning but I didn't think its choices were particularly 'easy', just longer & slower.
I switched to "Fast" for the return route which came up with a much more direct way (albeit via Silverstone :eek:) and just as nice driving.

Any tips, or tweaks you use to get the best from this kit?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've had similar experiences as mentioned Broken Link Removed. I always use the "Fast" route. When I have checked routing against the Philip's Navigator Camping and Caravanning Atlas of Britain the routes have been the practical ones. It might be worth checking if you find the same.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
will watch your thread...just got the same one as a back up and first impression is it seems fairly straight fwd to use... tried a few routes (which im familiar with ) and it comes up with different options depending on the mode selected which I would go along with so that was reassuring ..
a lot of functions that ill most probably never use, and the map updates seem straight fwd..I did the uk one with no problem .
andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back