Navibuzz 7" Truck Satnav Updates (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I understand from previous posts, that if you have an .ftr file even if not a new one, it will work with newer map updates if you can find any. Do you still have the link to the update site you found?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I understand from previous posts, that if you have an .ftr file even if not a new one, it will work with newer map updates if you can find any. Do you still have the link to the update site you found?
I loaded the latest .ftr file that I have to the Resources section Broken Link Removed when a number of members deleted theirs in error.

?

Deleted User
I have the HERE 2015 Q1 maps with the ftr file. These came in a torrent and work fine in iGO8 and Primo as i was using them until i got a copy of Q3. If anyone is stuck gives a shout and i will try and separate them and upload somewhere for you to download. Just not tonight eh :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Doing a bit of Googling this afternoon I came across a UK based company (Lancashire as far as I can fathom) offering a similar sat nav. On the web site (obviously a mistake as it is no longer there) was a link to their mapping update site (which turned out to be in Shenzhen, surprise surprise) together with account name and password to get in. Having nothing better to do I followed the link and (eventually, seemed to be a slow server) downloaded the UK map files to find there was no .ftr file.

I contacted the company to tell them their Truck sat nav would not work properly without the .ftr file and in reply they said "We will certainly look in to this as we were not aware of the lack of .ftr file in the updates.".

It looks like the mapping supply is suspect not only for retail units but also for wholesale units sold to UK companies for re-badging and selling on.
Searching for something else this afternoon I came across a note I had made about the company concerned so went to have another look at their web site to find that they no longer market their range of "truck" sat navs. Presumably they, too, have become tired of being sent incomplete units by their suppliers so have withdrawn the range rather than cheat their own customers.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Searching for something else this afternoon I came across a note I had made about the company concerned so went to have another look at their web site to find that they no longer market their range of "truck" sat navs. Presumably they, too, have become tired of being sent incomplete units by their suppliers so have withdrawn the range rather than cheat their own customers.
Just had another look at that company's web site.

They are now selling sat navs again, described as 7" inch Large Sat Nav. Tucked away in the description is the sentence "Please note there are no truck maps included with this item.".

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
any news on the missing update map files ?

im trying to update my chinese mediatek MT3351 igo 7" truck satnav which i got in 2013 . not updated it before, partly cos not sure how until you tube help. i bought another similar one as back up a few years ago not up dated that yet either.
first was around £60 second was a bit cheaper so had monies worth i suppose. when going through France main change was new roundabouts and slight road layout changes which i just headed strait on until sat nav picked up route or redirected, so no drama so far.
A bit more awareness needed on uk roads cos thier endlessly messing with roads here but same thing satnav gets you back on track if go wrong. Low bridges are the only real concern but signs and eyes have dodged any bullets on that score. If new slip roads on and off motorways are added then that could be a pain, but junctions are not that far apart usually .
so if cant update these 2 ill just keep on using them until they become totally useless then maybe spend a bit on a reputable make as mentioned by some on fun.

p.s. our phones and tablets act as excellent satnavs too.

p.s., p.s. i found these files...

fbl, fjw, fda,fpa,fsp

no ftr file.
what is fjw ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Here's a recent thread on this @autoswan, and a link to the Facebook group where you can download the files. It's been a long time since I did the original downloads from the defunct sites but I managed to update mine recently and it appears to have worked but I'm unable to check on the road as the van's u/s at the moment.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@autoswan.

There is a dedicated Face Book Group, for the Nozatec Sat Nav, (includes Mediatek) which you can join.
That's where you will find the opportunity (and the instructions) to update your maps and software, from the downloads made available to members only. The latest updates are 2017 Q4

If you are happy to have a go, that's the place to source the correct map files. :)

Good luck. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Edit....... @Bailey58 beat me to it. ;)

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Thanks very much both (y)
ive applied to join the group and will try loading the files including the ftr truck file :)
as this is my old spare truck nav ill try to load poi and camp site files etc which ive not done before too.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
[QUOTE="JockandRita, post: 2836515, Bailey58 beat me to it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Happens to me all the time Jock, by the time I've copied links and scanned for mistakes someone else has got in first. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back