Navibuzz 7" Truck Satnav Updates (1 Viewer)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi people after reading this thread, I am so glad I dumped the unit I got from them( Navibuzz) last year, back to them.

All the usual run-around, B*****s, similar to what you are now experiencing.

In my case the unit I received was faulty; in the end I just escalated it to a claim in eBay.

They (Navibuzz) never responded, and eBay then returned full payment.

eBay were on the ball so I guessed I wasn’t the first , hope all you guys get sorted to you satisfaction.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I have no problem with the unit, it does for me what it's supposed to, avoid problematic routes with a truck (of sorts). No doubt the 2014 maps will suffice for a time and purchasing a replacement item from the same supplier will not solve the issue if they can't or won't provide map updates. I'm pursuing this as a matter of principal now but as said not holding my breath.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have no problem with the unit, it does for me what it's supposed to, avoid problematic routes with a truck (of sorts). No doubt the 2014 maps will suffice for a time and purchasing a replacement item from the same supplier will not solve the issue if they can't or won't provide map updates. I'm pursuing this as a matter of principal now but as said not holding my breath.
My thoughts exactly Rob.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm pursuing this as a matter of principal now but as said not
My thoughts exactly Rob
My thoughts too gents, and I thank you both for taking the time and effort in pursuing a solution with the seller............................on behalf of us all, who have purchased this unit. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Deleted User
I wish I had seen these postings a few days earlier.
I have just purchased one of these and realised that the maps were well out of date and I couldn't download new ones. I asked to return the unit but they replied and said could I make do with the maps that are currently loaded. I replied that I wanted to return the unit as I couldn't update the maps and they sent more download instructions that don't work.
They are being obstructive and not responding to my request to return the unit. If they don't refund within the time scale set by ebay then I will be asking ebay to sort it out.
These devices have received a lot of praise in the past but is it now a case of them trying to get rid of stock and not wanting to support them anymore. I paid less than £40 for mine which suggests they are keen to sell them.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
It may be worth emailing the CEO from Graham's link. I suspect you'll get a refund by opening a case on ebay but the more we bother the CEO the better.

Deleted User
Following yet enough request to return the item I have received a reply asking why I have not downloaded the maps as other customers have done this without any problem !.
I then received another reply saying they will give me a 5% discount and a new sd card with the map already loaded.!
Once again I have told them I want to return the unit so will await their next response.

After all this hassle, what sort of feedback do you think I will be leaving.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
They are still trying to get me to pay them another 4 quid for a new card (with no guarantee that the map files will be complete). I've told them that if their company is honest then it will honour its contract.

But, whoops, I forgot to mention I've reported them to eBay :whistle:

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Same this morning £4 "like all our other customers". Told them I've reported them for fraudulent selling practises.

If this thread was a bit longer it may be worth sending a link to the CEO although @JockandRita's post #28 "on behalf of us all, who have purchased this unit" conveys the numbers involved maybe.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Well, just to add insult to injury. Yesterday, I plugged my Garmin 760LTM into the puter and immediately Garmin Express fired up and said that it needed to update the units software and the maps, shall it do in now ? I clicked confirm and an hour or so later it was done. :sneaky: :emo:

I too had one of those units, as a spare, but must admit that in the end, following loads of problems, mainly the screen freezing, it went into the bin, 'cos we were away at the time and I simply could not be bothered, but kept it's little cloth bag though. :coolest:

Deleted User
No more messages received from Navibuzz and once again they are ignoring my request to return the item. Only 6 more days then I can asked ebay to step in and sort it out.
Certainly wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'll give them credit for responding to emails if nothing else. Received this morning after I told them I had now reported them:

"we have tried our best to apply for you for a map card at just 4GBP, hope you can understand."

Deleted User
Received a reply back saying I can return the unit. They are insisting that I use their recommended carrier so I have insisted that they refund the return postage.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'll give them credit for responding to emails if nothing else. Received this morning after I told them I had now reported them:

"we have tried our best to apply for you for a map card at just 4GBP, hope you can understand."
I got the same. Told them to stop insulting me and that they were cheats with no honour and a disgrace.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I got the same.
I'll give them credit

Hi Guys I bought an xgody with the missing files, the same as John (lunarman). I too have been emailing them with complaints etc. this following is my latest reply from them. This is an admission of guilt, read the rest

New message from: excellentteam (3,371)
Dear friend,
Thank you for your reply!
I am sorry to hear about that, I will follow up for you all the way!

In this situation, if you really can't use the item well, if so I can send you our address to return for replacement or refund, but please keep it in new condition, is that ok for you?

Please kindly advise,then we can arrange to you,thank you!

Regards
Vivian No.49
Customer Support team of XGODY
Xin Sheng Shang Technology Co.,LTD

Contact number: +86 130 4890 7387
Working hour:Mon-Sat.: 8:30AM-6:30PM GMT+8

My Reply to the above

Dear excellentteam,

Hello, Thank you for your offer of a refund which means you now understand that the software installation is not correct for the unit to function as a Truck sat nav.

What is needed is for you to publish on the free map update site the missing files. If you do not, you will be in breach of contract by advertising a product which it is not capable of doing what you say. Also the stated lifetime free map updates is also a false statement for a truck sat nav.

I do feel that your hardware is a good product. Please, please supply the missing files then everyone would be happy.

It will be interesting to see what response this brings

Deleted User
Received another reply from Navibuzz saying if I can get the unit repaired locally and the cost is not more than 30% of the purchase price (which was just under £40) then they will pay for it. Don't think I will find anyone that would try to sort it for a maximum payment of £12.
This message was also from Vivian.

Deleted User
When Navibuzz sent me a message yesterday they said they would issue a refund as soon as I sent them the tracking number and to their credit they have done so but have not refunded the postage costs. The message also said that I could keep the item and didn't need to return it which is a bit confusing considering the message was a response to me sending the tracking number meaning it had already been posted.
I then received a message from Navibuzz asking if I wanted to return the unit for exchange or for a refund. !

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When Navibuzz sent me a message yesterday they said they would issue a refund as soon as I sent them the tracking number and to their credit they have done so but have not refunded the postage costs. The message also said that I could keep the item and didn't need to return it which is a bit confusing considering the message was a response to me sending the tracking number meaning it had already been posted.
I then received a message from Navibuzz asking if I wanted to return the unit for exchange or for a refund. !
I reckon they are either making any excuse they can or are just people following a script directed from their bosses in China.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I bought a Navibuzz off eBay last October.. didn't like it, sent a message saying why, and got a full refund also saying just to keep the unit.. but by that time I had posted it back..

so while I didn't like the unit, getting a refund was not a problem..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought a Navibuzz off eBay last October.. didn't like it, sent a message saying why, and got a full refund also saying just to keep the unit.. but by that time I had posted it back..

so while I didn't like the unit, getting a refund was not a problem..
Something seems to have gone wrong with the company Jim. They started off providing map update sets OK then last year they loaded a set without the Truck Specific file but, when contacted, said that the old one would still work. Now they have only made the map file available for download. In the past when I've contacted them for support they have been very helpful and that attitude has now changed radically.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've just had a PM from somebody on another forum that I haven't visited for over 2 years. It seems that @klaatu's suspicions (post #21) may well be correct, rather than cheap hardware being the reason for the low prices. I haven't followed up the Navitotal forum as one has to register to see much.
I note on another forum that you are having problems with your IGO-based satnav.

I may be teaching my Grandmother, but this is probably because it runs a pirated version of IGO. There are many of these around, and a large number of the "Chinese" devices reputedly run these. (Often the devices are bought from the manufacturer software-less, and then loaded with IGO by the "retailer").

The zero software cost accounts for the low price.

All updates to pukka IGO/Primo installations are provided by NavnGO, the software manufacturer, through the Naviextras website, not through back-door sites such as are being used for the eBay units.

These units are initially configured with a "cracked" version of the software, and "cracked" licences and map files to match the method of cracking. The unit seller isn't doing the cracking, but is picking up files from illicit sites on the web.

If, as is customary, you get a complete set of files with the initial installation, then all is fine, but updates will depend on sets of files being cracked (and also to suit the software version installed), being made available somewhere on the web, being obtained by your seller, and being uploaded onto their download site.

This is a very hit and miss affair, cracking can be a protracted business, and often only some of the files become available for certain map versions (and .ftr are often late in the cycle).

If you go to Navitotal.com and look at the IGO forum there, you can get an idea of the activity, and the hit and miss nature of new (cracked) mapfile availability. (You can also check the various versions of base software that are made available from time-to-time, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the version number of yours is on there somewhere).

Map availability will be a rocky road going forward.

(I run a fully-licensed version of Primo on a Clarion Naviceiver)

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Just got this from them, their "Engineer" seems to think that all the necessary data is contained in the provided map updates. I note that the website they now refer to for the updates is somewhat different ? I have had a look and if there are files to download there it could be difficult. Thankfully I made a fix with the help of "Lunarman" So I think I am out of it, my XGODY 718 is now functioning great. This new unit is a quantum leap better than my old unit, navibuzz jobbie. Used Johns files to update it also and now running it off the chip a Sandisk 16mb extreme which seems to have rejuvenated the old unit too.

New message from: excellentteam (3,491)
dear friend,
thank you for your message!
I will follow up for you all the way!

I check with our engineer, it seems there is not problem for the software, it is for the map, there is some road don't included in it.
in this situation, please try to update the UK map with me together;
1, set the USB setting to MASS storage, connect to your computer with USB cable
2, copy all the map data to your computer for a record first, make sure the device has free space for new map;
3, here is the link for the update UK map :
http://www.filedropper.com/filemanager/public.php?service=files&t=f299178e85c27e3a13171ba1dff2a88f

4. Download UK map from the link ,unzip file and set the path as below :

Resident Flash (double click)—EU+AU 4GB (double click)—Primo (double click)—Primo.exe(double click)—OK.

then you can get the update map .

please have a try and let me know thanks

Regards
Vivian No.49
Customer Support team of XGODY
Xin Sheng Shang Technology Co.,LTD

Contact number: +86 130 4890 7387
Working hour:Mon-Sat.: 8:30AM-6:30PM GMT+8

Good ole Vivian is trying ??

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Hmm. That explains much Graham. There may well be mention of it but I wonder if some enterprising member of the navitotal forum could upload their latest map files to enable others to download?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Further bad news. Latest PM received:
All installations of IGO are originally targeted at a given device, and given a version which "matches" to that device". It isn't difficult to change the parameters to run it on something else (if cracked), but the version remains unchanged, even on the cracked versions.

If you check the version you are running: (from "Menu" "More" "Help" (probably on second screen) "About" for IGO Primo) then checking against the list here: http://tinyurl.com/igoversions
..will probably tell you which device it was originally intended for (and it won't be yours!).
I checked and it is Version 9.6.5.245577 Jul 06, 2012
On the list as --- M3Tech: Altina A8010 = M3GPS (Asia) - Primo 2.1, also known as i3

So, pirate software. Time to bin the unit, complain to eBay again and tell Navibuzz what a pack of ****ers they are.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Further bad news. Latest PM received:
I checked and it is Version 9.6.5.245577 Jul 06, 2012
On the list as --- M3Tech: Altina A8010 = M3GPS (Asia) - Primo 2.1, also known as i3

So, pirate software. Time to bin the unit, complain to eBay again and tell Navibuzz what a pack of ****ers they are.

I can guess the 4th letter is "k", what's the rest of it, bankers or suckers? :LOL:

Reactions: GJH
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi
out of curiosity I checked out the navitotal.com website, registered and down loaded several European map files. UK France spain Portugal and all contain ftr files. and are dated 4th q 2015-they are from a Russian source and appear to be pirated copies . all the eastern european maps are available. I havenet tried them in my sat nav yet -due to available time. but they look to be the correct truck files. They comprise ftr, fsp ,fsa and fbl files for each country. Not sure if I need them all

Deleted User
Received another message from navibuzz saying they won't refund the postage because the item was not faulty. I have replied pointing out that it is impossible to update with new maps, therefore the item is not as advertised and I am entitle to postage refund. Only a couple of more days and then I can open dispute with ebay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back