Navibuzz 7" Truck Satnav Updates

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by Bailey58, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Just trying to update the IGo Chinese job many of us bought a couple of years ago and the files are downloading and unzipping as only an fbl file unlike the older TomTom files from 2013 and 2014 which, when unzipped, opened as 3 files, fbl, fsp and ftr. Transferring them onto the satnav just gives me an error message and the navigation icon won't open. Anyone downloaded successfully lately?

For those who don't know the download site is http://www.elitefashion99.co.uk/

The nail polish looks a good buy! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

3. Bailey58

Thanks Jock I'll have a look there but I seem to remember we were redirected to the Elite fashions site some time back and that's certainly where I've got the updates before. There were posts too re the log in for the site you mention but it's all so long ago. :rolleyes:

4. lunarman

lunarman Funster

The update server for navi buzz was freemapsupdate.com this now redirects to elitefashion99.co.uk where the files now reside for download. However they are incomplete only fbl files are there, the ftr, fsp and fda files are missing.

The uk file there is the same one as the one on the gody718 unit that I recently bought, which is no good as a truck satnav as the ftr files are missing.

Interestingly a google search on freemapsupdate returned the following "We found that the organization hosting www.Freemapsupdate.com is GoDaddy.com" Which may explain why the new unit does not have the correct files.

John

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bailey58

Thanks John, I guessed there was something wrong as they've downloaded ok in the past from elite. I'll have to re-load the 2014.06 files I took off earlier, good job I keep these files. (y)

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

This situation seems to be getting worse doesn't it. I've just sent the following e-mail to Navibuzz and I'll post the response when I get one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Bailey58

I sent a similar email to elite fashions, I shall wait in anticipation for a reply, not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bailey58

Well I had a reply from elite this morning and they seem somewhat bemused by my query asking for my account number together with the order number. o_O I've replied with further details and copied the gist of Graham's letter to Navibuzz so they have a fuller picture.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I've had two automated read receipts but no substantive reply to my message. That's unusual because they've normally responded quickly in the past so maybe they realise they dropped a clanger. Hopefully they are taking time to rectify the situation rather than just ignoring it.

@lunarman John, as a matter of interest, does XGody use the same map download site?

10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I've now received a similar reply. I've sent them copies of the e-mails detailing my original order and their order update message.

Their reply also directed me to the download page (the same one I quoted to them in my original message) as if it was a problem with the download rather than the file content. We shall see what happens :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Latest - "Can you try instruction we told you before as it works by other customers thanks ,if no luck,contact us for further help."

I've told them not to insult me, repeated that the problem is the files not the download process and that "I am beginning to think that the "unlimited update lifetime" is a scam and that I need to report your company to eBay and Trading Standards."

We'll see what they say to that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Bailey58

I'd like that too if I could, not that I like their reply.

Edit: Just seen Jim's post on "Likes".

13. Bailey58

Just opened a similar reply from elitefashions:

HI

can you login into this website to download the maps:

http://www.elitefashion99.co.uk/truck-map-for-gps-navigators.html

then slide the page down and you can see the link to download the map.

PS: the download maps can't be opened in your computer. It's not compatible with computers. But don't worry; the files are ok in the gps

1. 1.After downloading, please unzip the file to several files-> Connect the GPS to the computer->open the file (path:primo\content\map)->press"ctrl+F" to find "UK or Other countries"->delete them->put the new downloaded UK Truck map into it.->disconnect the computer

2.Then set navi paht turn on the GPS->Please scroll the main menu to second page,->click “navi path”icon, you will see the path is /ResidentFlash/Primo/igo.exe.-->click the blue button of the bar-> click" /ResidentFlash"->"PRIMO"-> "igo.exe"->"ok". The setting is done.

Can you try the instruction above as it works by other customers thanks ,if no luck,contact us for further help

Best Regards,

Customer Service, Elite99
    One Step Closer to Five-Star Fashion

As Graham said they're treating us as idiots. I shall reply in a similar fashion, pun intended.

14. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Its the same as the Xgody people they either don't want to or are incapable of understanding what the problem is.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Bailey58

My reply

Good afternoon,
    Please read my email again, I have already explained the problem, and please don’t attempt to fob me off with a bog standard reply, I do know how to download and install map updates.

Quote: “1.After downloading, please unzip the file to several files”.

The zip file does not open up to several files as you claim, I repeat, that only one of the five required files (the .fbl file) is there. The other required files, including the truck specific ".ftr" file are not there.

Your website is hosting the lifetime map updates for the Navibuzz satnav which was, and is still being, sold on ebay to many of us on the motorhomefun forum and no doubt hundreds of other buyers. The lack of a workable update will be against ebay rules and the Trades Description Act. Please look into this again and ensure you can provide the full file set to allow the map updates which were included with the purchase of this item.

Yours

That'll keep it going for another few days, I've got the rest of my life to keep on at them.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I think they might be starting to understand. Latest from them
    My reply
    I used the word "honour" deliberately :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Bailey58

I can google it Graham but what address did you use for Navibuzz? I'll forward them a copy of my conversation with elite fashions, perhaps they'll do something more if a few of us get on to them.

18. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

It's the Elite Fashions customer service address I've been using Rob. The eBay supplying company (from my original eBay purchase) is actually Bailun Trading Ltd in China though the unit was actually sent to me from Glasgow (same location as current listings).
    Many eBay traders use a variety of addresses and company names, both in this country and abroad. Elite Fashions actually have a London address on their web site.

19. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

My experience with Navibuzz suggests that you'll be asked (many times) to do checks you have previously done at their request. Persistence will cause them to offer a new map set, or new software, or more likely both, for which they will ask you for £6 postage for the SD card. I went through this rigmarole twice before giving up & rather stupidly buying a S/H satnav that used the same software for £10 off ebay. Copied one to the other & with a minor tweek to correct for different screen sizes it worked. Took it with me on a MH trip a couple of weeks ago & it lasted an hour before the picture on the screen broke up into lines & jagged bars. It now does that every time I switch it on. The faults that caused my initial contact with Navibuzz were a faulty USB cable and an error message when loading the navigation software.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Bailey58

Ok Graham. I've been going round in circles on the Navibuzz ebay page so I'll stay with elite. (y)