Nationwide Flexplus Breakdown insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dogsense, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Dogsense

Dogsense Funster

Has anyone been unfortunate enough to use the Nationwide Flexplus Breakdown insurance, Specially in Europe? How was the expiriance with them?
    We have 8m long,4.5 ton MH.
    Advice please.

2. Flamenca

Flamenca Funster Life Member

I thought the recovery cover was limited to 3.5 T but it has been a while since I read the policy details.

3. sally47

sally47 Funster

Don't know who they are but we broke a coil spring in Dorset I'm insured with caravan guard 8meteres 41/2 ton 150 miles from home gave us a van to come home in brought our MH home on 40 foot low loader next day no problem no cost

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

It was upgraded to 7.5T in September 2014. We have it but, so far, haven't needed it :whistle: - Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dogsense

Dogsense Funster

Thanks Rapido925M.
    Yes it's cover up to 8m and 7.5ton.
    The question, is it good enough to replace the breakdown insurance we have with the MH insurance from Comfort with Aviva?

6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Watching with interest as we moved account to them just as they made the breakdown cover up to 7.5t. Van insurance due in couple of months so will look at all options.

Out of interest my son moved to Nationwide and a month later had to make a claim ref his dropped mobile phone. There was a fixed cost of £25 but they sorted the repair out pretty quick.

7. Leftlegger

Leftlegger Funster

About 4 weeks ago we were at camping ampolla at L'ampolla.I had a faulty brake light switch,the one behind the brake pedal.Mine is a Renault master base.Called nationwide explained everything to them,they were in uk so were english and asked if they could source a part only as it is a simple fit as easy as changing a lightbulb.They sent out a breakdown truck and driver wanted to load me on and take us to their garage for repair even going as far as if its not fixed they can transport me back to the uk.
    I explained to the breakdown driver through the lady on reception that i was mobile and needed the switch which I showed him.He rang his boss and said he,d be back.Nationwide called me asking for an update ,I explained the situation to which they said they could get the part to me and fixed for 60 euros.Told them I only wanted the part etc.Then recieved a text to say they couldn't help me anymore and to find it myself.End of story with the Nationwide recovery.That took about 6 hours out of my day.All I can say about the natonwide is they dont seem prepared and didn't understand the situation.They would of course have arranged alternative transport and recovered the motorhome.
    The lady at Camping ampolla reception was the most helpful person out of all this .After I explained everything she made a phone call and located one 9 miles away in Tortosa.Drove there with brother and got the part for 17 euros.This campsite is highly recommended by me for that alone,but bring earplugs for saturday night.(disco next door)

• Like Like x 1