Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Just been out to cut the grass and wish I hadn't. Woman passing in a car started shouting out her window about "your truck", a motorhome to you and me, blocking her view as she nearly hit a car passing two parked cars in the road (belonging to next doors, nothing to do with me but usually they have one parked in front of my house as they have about 4 or 5 cars). I can't see how my motorhome, in my driveway could possibly obstruct her view, she's driving on the left and my house and motorhome are on the right hand side, as are the neighbour's parked cars. Anyhow she starts ranting that a kids going to get killed and it will all be my fault and how your not allowed to park caravans (from truck to caravan now) in the driveway's. I've been on the council web site and couldn't find anything about caravans or motorhomes in private driveways then checked my house deeds which says no caravans, boats, trailers or commercial vans can be parked on the roadway. I think this must mean the driveways ok unless roadway is legal speak for driveways as well? Wish I'd let the grass grow now, feeling :Sad:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
She's blaming you for her poor driving..

Seriously wouldn't like any sleep over this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
If she couldn't see she shouldn't have been overtaking.

If a motorhome blocked her view then a 4x4 would have done the same.

Maybe she needs new eyewear?

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just been out to cut the grass and wish I hadn't. Woman passing in a car started shouting out her window about "your truck", a motorhome to you and me, blocking her view as she nearly hit a car passing two parked cars in the road (belonging to next doors, nothing to do with me but usually they have one parked in front of my house as they have about 4 or 5 cars). I can't see how my motorhome, in my driveway could possibly obstruct her view, she's driving on the left and my house and motorhome are on the right hand side, as are the neighbour's parked cars. Anyhow she starts ranting that a kids going to get killed and it will all be my fault and how your not allowed to park caravans (from truck to caravan now) in the driveway's. I've been on the council web site and couldn't find anything about caravans or motorhomes in private driveways then checked my house deeds which says no caravans, boats, trailers or commercial vans can be parked on the roadway. I think this must mean the driveways ok unless roadway is legal speak for driveways as well? Wish I'd let the grass grow now, feeling :Sad:
Although I agree with the other posters about her driving ability,I've never heard of a developer being able to put a covenant on an public highway!
If it's a private road and you and your neighbours maintain the road( which doesn't seem right if she's using it ) then it could be that,as is more and more the norm,your developer has basically banned you and your neighbours from having caravans and Mh's,vans etc on your drive!By way of a covenant !
Believe it or not as estates get built tighter together a high sided vehicle can
Create a blind spot.
Best say nothing,because I've known people fall fowl of such legislation,and if such a covenant exists you'll only loose out by paying storage fees!
I think your deeds only cover your property not the highway look again!

Vlad

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Do you know her??? Is she maybe a member of the local Kirk?? If so, proceed at once to your local chip oyl, and purchase a battered Mars bar. This should be inserted into the ladies rectum after she answers your knock on her door, with the words "Chew on that, bi**h". :thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Do you know her??? Is she maybe a member of the local Kirk?? If so, proceed at once to your local chip oyl, and purchase a battered Mars bar. This should be inserted into the ladies rectum after she answers your knock on her door, with the words "Chew on that, bi**h". :thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:

Naughty naughty Toot:Smile: in this oddsocks world you are advocating "sexual perversion":Doh:, anti feminist , anti christian , and pro chocolate tendensies:Doh:

The trendy left commo pinkos are gulping their Yorkshire Spring Water in shock and furiously posting Selfies of themselves wearing sack cloth and ashes (Gucci and Stella McCartney of course!!!)
Heads will ROLL!!!:Doh:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
forget about her life is too short to worry about people like that:thumb:
Just be glad you are not as nasty as her

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
l agree about letting sleeping dogs lie but it doesnt say motorcaravans and it doesnt fit the restricted terms

Have a read of this...then print it off and insert it up the womans rectum.

Ooooo ... is it really that long since I wrote all of that on the other 'forum'!!!! ::bigsmile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've been on the council web site and couldn't find anything about caravans or motorhomes in private driveways then checked my house deeds which says no caravans, boats, trailers or commercial vans can be parked on the roadway. I think this must mean the driveways ok unless roadway is legal speak for driveways as well? Wish I'd let the grass grow now, feeling :Sad:

If your house deeds do not have a covenant specifically preventing you from keeping your motorhome (aka as a 'caravan' for this purpose) on your drive, then there is nothing anyone can do to stop you doing so. As for the restriction on the road, this is something that councils use to stop anything other than cars being parked on them to preserve the amenity for all, especially if there properties were built with their own drives to be used and/or if the roadway isn't that big, or there are a lot of properties in one area etc.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
off on a slight tangent i know but we have had a similar issue. we are getting the house remodelled a bit at a time. when the builders need space on the drive, i park the motorhome on my daughters driveway. problems started when a neighbour complained to her landlord, a local housing association.
the ha consulted their rules and the deeds and threatened my daughter with eviction if it wasnt removed same day. my daughter is like me, and wont be bullied so we bit back.
a motorhome is not a caravan and is a road legal vehicle, you are allowed to park those on the drive. we wrote to the ha asking them to confirm that they would be legally liable if the vehicle was damaged if parked on the road outside the property or caused an obstruction. needless to say the ha backed straight down as they were put into an awkward legal position

the van now spends the occasional week on daughters drive without any complaints

back to the op....ignore the rantings of a bad driver trying to blame anyone else for their own incompetence

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning

Forget the motorhome salute for one moment. What you need to learn in cases like this is the Essex Salute

7tTfGBT.gif

gabby

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2007
Don't lose any sleep over her, she was probably jealous of you having a motorhome x:thumb:

OP
OP
jacks girls

jacks girls

Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Thanks folks for all the replies. Feeling much better about it now, think she was really looking for someone to blame cause she nearly caused an accident and I just happened to be in the garden. My motorhome is often in storage but here for the moment as we were away in it last weekend and as I have no other driver it's a pain to get back from the storage unit. She must live round here as it's a dead end but with lots of offshoots ie about 50 houses past mine so I feel at a disadvantage not knowing exactly where she stays, wish I'd noted the reg. no. ::bigsmile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Unfortunately, her behaviour is all too often encountered if you ride a push bike in this country. It's the "I have a right to drive my car on the road and let no one get in my way ".

I spent two weeks cycling in Spain recently and felt more threatened in the 45 minute cycle from Plymouth ferry terminal back to my house than in the entire time I was away.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
"I have a right to drive my car on the road and let no one get in my way "

Is that really correct?? I think it's more about frustration, at what Joe the car driver sees. Here are a couple more sentences to add to yours, from the car drivers perspective.

"Why should he get away with jumping a red light and I would get my number taken"

"I cant safely get past this lot as they are riding three abreast. Should I have to go at their speed?"

"If I drove on the footway to dodge traffic, I would get banned"

"That bike scratched my car. £300 worth of damage, but he's laughing at me because he has no insurance".

And so-forth. You see, the sporan swings both ways.........:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
F anything does come of it and it says you can't keep MH on drive which I doubt it will check what it says about works vans. The only reason I me mention this is due to an a**e of an ex neighbours who mentioned to me about MH once I mentioned the van part I never heard another moan.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
if she hadnt been so busy looking at your motorhome she would of known what was happening on the road - take no notice of her - and if you usually keep it in storage worry even less - you are allowed i believe to bring them home for loading/unloading and maintenance even if they are not allowed to park permanently at the address.

Covenents are usually set up by the builder to protect the look of the site when they are trying to sell new properties and quite often only run for around 10years - you can always ask your solcitor or your mortgage company to check for you about any covenents

Last edited:

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
hi way

Take it the lady hasn't read the high way book ,keep your eyes on the road not somebody's garden or drive way :ROFLMAO: :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If your house deeds do not have a covenant specifically preventing you from keeping your motorhome (aka as a 'caravan' for this purpose) on your drive, then there is nothing anyone can do to stop you doing so. [HI]As for the restriction on the road, this is something that councils use to stop anything other than cars being parked on them[/HI] to preserve the amenity for all, especially if there properties were built with their own drives to be used and/or if the roadway isn't that big, or there are a lot of properties in one area etc.

agreed, but then the council must erect parking prohibition signs to show the TRO.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have a builders covenant on our houses, but i was led to believe the only person that could enforce a builders one is the builder himself. The council don't want to know and the builder wont care. They only want to ensure that it looks tidy for selling them. In fact ours also says no satellite dishes, no ariels, no sheds! Oops broken them all :RollEyes:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We built our own house and no covenants at all..... not even about keeping poultry or pigs!!!! We don't have pigs.

If you find out where Mrs Nasty lives I could lend you a very noisy cockerel that you could plant in her garden. Most modern houses don't allow that.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
As I understood it if you own the property, nothing to do with the council, nothing to do with the police, neither can do anthing at all as it is private property, the only action available is a private action with the complainer taking you to a high ish court after appointing there own brief, its very very expensive and there could be a rather large unrcoverable cost.

Dave who parks a motorised brick in his front garden along with box trailer and 2 other vehicles and until last month a TA trailer as well

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back