Nasty experience

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jacks girls, May 31, 2014.

1. jacks girls

jacks girls Read Only Funster

Just been out to cut the grass and wish I hadn't. Woman passing in a car started shouting out her window about "your truck", a motorhome to you and me, blocking her view as she nearly hit a car passing two parked cars in the road (belonging to next doors, nothing to do with me but usually they have one parked in front of my house as they have about 4 or 5 cars). I can't see how my motorhome, in my driveway could possibly obstruct her view, she's driving on the left and my house and motorhome are on the right hand side, as are the neighbour's parked cars. Anyhow she starts ranting that a kids going to get killed and it will all be my fault and how your not allowed to park caravans (from truck to caravan now) in the driveway's. I've been on the council web site and couldn't find anything about caravans or motorhomes in private driveways then checked my house deeds which says no caravans, boats, trailers or commercial vans can be parked on the roadway. I think this must mean the driveways ok unless roadway is legal speak for driveways as well? Wish I'd let the grass grow now, feeling :Sad:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jazzbow

Jazzbow Read Only Funster

that's what happens when the temp gets above freezing here :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  3. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

She's blaming you for her poor driving..

Seriously wouldn't like any sleep over this.

• Like Like x 8
  4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

just ignore the stupid bint....no time for whingers. :Angry:

• Like Like x 6
  5. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Just shout back - go f*ck yourself

:Wink:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

If she couldn't see she shouldn't have been overtaking.

If a motorhome blocked her view then a 4x4 would have done the same.

Maybe she needs new eyewear?

• Like Like x 2
  7. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Install a cctv camera, she might be back:Sad:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Although I agree with the other posters about her driving ability,I've never heard of a developer being able to put a covenant on an public highway!
    If it's a private road and you and your neighbours maintain the road( which doesn't seem right if she's using it ) then it could be that,as is more and more the norm,your developer has basically banned you and your neighbours from having caravans and Mh's,vans etc on your drive!By way of a covenant !
    Believe it or not as estates get built tighter together a high sided vehicle can
    Create a blind spot.
    Best say nothing,because I've known people fall fowl of such legislation,and if such a covenant exists you'll only loose out by paying storage fees!
    I think your deeds only cover your property not the highway look again!

Vlad

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  9. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Do you know her??? Is she maybe a member of the local Kirk?? If so, proceed at once to your local chip oyl, and purchase a battered Mars bar. This should be inserted into the ladies rectum after she answers your knock on her door, with the words "Chew on that, bi**h". :thumb::thumb::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

l agree about letting sleeping dogs lie but it doesnt say motorcaravans and it doesnt fit the restricted terms

Have a read of this...then print it off and insert it up the womans rectum.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Naughty naughty Toot:Smile: in this oddsocks world you are advocating "sexual perversion":Doh:, anti feminist , anti christian , and pro chocolate tendensies:Doh:

The trendy left commo pinkos are gulping their Yorkshire Spring Water in shock and furiously posting Selfies of themselves wearing sack cloth and ashes (Gucci and Stella McCartney of course!!!)
    Heads will ROLL!!!:Doh:

• Like Like x 2
  12. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

forget about her life is too short to worry about people like that:thumb:
    Just be glad you are not as nasty as her

• Like Like x 2
  13. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ooooo ... is it really that long since I wrote all of that on the other 'forum'!!!! :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

If your house deeds do not have a covenant specifically preventing you from keeping your motorhome (aka as a 'caravan' for this purpose) on your drive, then there is nothing anyone can do to stop you doing so. As for the restriction on the road, this is something that councils use to stop anything other than cars being parked on them to preserve the amenity for all, especially if there properties were built with their own drives to be used and/or if the roadway isn't that big, or there are a lot of properties in one area etc.

15. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

off on a slight tangent i know but we have had a similar issue. we are getting the house remodelled a bit at a time. when the builders need space on the drive, i park the motorhome on my daughters driveway. problems started when a neighbour complained to her landlord, a local housing association.
    the ha consulted their rules and the deeds and threatened my daughter with eviction if it wasnt removed same day. my daughter is like me, and wont be bullied so we bit back.
    a motorhome is not a caravan and is a road legal vehicle, you are allowed to park those on the drive. we wrote to the ha asking them to confirm that they would be legally liable if the vehicle was damaged if parked on the road outside the property or caused an obstruction. needless to say the ha backed straight down as they were put into an awkward legal position

the van now spends the occasional week on daughters drive without any complaints

back to the op....ignore the rantings of a bad driver trying to blame anyone else for their own incompetence

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

Forget the motorhome salute for one moment. What you need to learn in cases like this is the Essex Salute

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. gabby

gabby Funster

Don't lose any sleep over her, she was probably jealous of you having a motorhome x:thumb:

18. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Thought that was the Hawaiian good luck gesture. :Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  19. jacks girls

jacks girls Read Only Funster

Thanks folks for all the replies. Feeling much better about it now, think she was really looking for someone to blame cause she nearly caused an accident and I just happened to be in the garden. My motorhome is often in storage but here for the moment as we were away in it last weekend and as I have no other driver it's a pain to get back from the storage unit. She must live round here as it's a dead end but with lots of offshoots ie about 50 houses past mine so I feel at a disadvantage not knowing exactly where she stays, wish I'd noted the reg. no. :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  20. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Unfortunately, her behaviour is all too often encountered if you ride a push bike in this country. It's the "I have a right to drive my car on the road and let no one get in my way ".

I spent two weeks cycling in Spain recently and felt more threatened in the 45 minute cycle from Plymouth ferry terminal back to my house than in the entire time I was away.

• Like Like x 2