Narcotic gas attacks. (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
There must be some serious water pressure happening in Rutland Water to move a church bell enough for it to toll underwater. Sounds a bit urban (or should I say rural) legendish to me.

Yup. An urban legend I have heard about pretty much every reservoir.
The first teller: my geography teacher about Derwent Reservoir in Derbyshire.
The most recent teller: My mother-in-law about Rutland Water (even though St Matthew's Church stands at the shore of the reservoir) :Doh::Doh::Doh:

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
attacks on motorhomes

About 2 months ago, the Spanish police, after much surveillance nabbed a gang of eastern europeans, since then attacks have dropped dramatically. Dont stay on motorway aires, and dont fall for the old flat tyre trick. We have never had any problems.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
On the other side of the coin, we will ONLY stop in motorway lorry stops, right in the middle of them all.. Drivers tend to look after each other and those around them

Everyone to their own I spose ::bigsmile:

I wonder if you could point to the source of the info re the Spanish police activity ?

Cannot seem to find anything on any of the Spanish police web sites and info sites.. And the locals down here ... well they have enough on their plate with the bloody drug runners so know nothing outside their own little enclave so to speak !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Here's the Rutland Water proof - Quasimodo has been doing the Bell ringing!

Attachments

• Rutland Water 3.jpg
    Rutland Water 3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 29
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
gas attacks are not a myth
my good friend (a hgv driver) got gassed while on the continent in his hgv
the first he knew was being woke up by the police
he says when he woke his doors where open and all his stuff in the cab was gone. Laptop, satnav, money and so on
when i saw his face the ay after if was a mess, bulging eyes and a funny colour, it took he a few days until he could drive again
they had done most of the truck park
but the tragedy is, although the gassers dont want to kill anyone they leave the doors open to let the gas escape after wards
they had gassed a truck with special door locks which the attackers could not open
my friend saw the body carried from the truck

bet you cant find a report of it in the paper. Impossible. Busby.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
About 2 months ago, the Spanish police, after much surveillance nabbed a gang of eastern europeans, since then attacks have dropped dramatically. Dont stay on motorway aires, and dont fall for the old flat tyre trick. We have never had any problems.

Now this is true...in part. A gang were sent down but as I recall they would rob people parked overnight in service stations. No gas was used just malice and threats. This of course can happen and in a MH you're bound to have a few quid to hand and could be thought of as a bit of a pushover due to our hip replacements and pacemakers.

Chinese whispers I guess?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It is a good thing if most motorhomers avoid stopping overnight in service stations fearing a higher than usual risk of trouble because that will leave more space for me. ..:ROFLMAO:

JJ:Cool:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Put it down to Urban Legend!

If it does happen to you, and you are not hungover, slept a little too heavily after a long drive or dehydrated from the hot summer nights - do come and tell us here! There are probably other reasons for your banging head!

Until then Sleep tight - robberies do happen, but they are more likley to point a knife or gun at you than run about with huge gas canisters and duct tape and if they don't want confrontation, just break in the normal way when you are out sight seeing.

Keep security in mind, keep valuables in a safe and enjoy your holiday!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back