Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Assuming i am not a complete fool, and people do actually use this in their loo's...how do you mix it up, (powder0 or can you get liquid??

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Assuming i am not a complete fool, and people do actually use this in their loo's...how do you mix it up, (powder0 or can you get liquid??

We use ELSAN(green), I didnt know you could use Napisan, I thought that was for terry towelling baby nappies, to soak them in?

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Ive been using the other stuff, but i'm sure i read somewhere that people are using napisan or similar...logical, but i could be going for the idiot of the week award:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I suppose on a similar vein, I have friends who put a scoop of washing powder in the loo instead of Elsan.... don't know how good it is. I know that if my white sink is stained I use a scoop and fill with cold water, leave overnight and it is spotless. Joy:Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
:wub:Mmmmmmmmm Funny you should mention that word JIM..the "SOG" I was just thinking of it ....most if not all the people we meet on our travels, that have the "SOG" including the country that invented it Germany! ....wait for it JIM.... use soap powder and biological washing liquid :Doh: strange:Doh::winky::winky:......they say to me it is just to keep the inside of the cassette clean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Come On!! they're having a laugh:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: what does the Sog Dooooo Doooo pardon the pun :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Last edited:
OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Ok, not quite idiot of the week. So its Tesco bio wshing liquid,.....is that for clothes or dishes, and how much do you put in. I really dont like the other stuff, even though i have a friend who works of eurostar:Blush:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Clothes /cap-full ::bigsmile:
terry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am with the SOG but still put a splash of the blue stuff in. Ya cant beat BELT AN BRACES.:Smile:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Can I ask a question?
If either the chemical (blue or green) or the bio liquid go in the cassette, do you still put another liquid in the flushing water?

(and I just learned what a SOG is ----I really must get out more)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Can I ask a question?
If either the chemical (blue or green) or the bio liquid go in the cassette, do you still put another liquid in the flushing water?

(and I just learned what a SOG is ----I really must get out more)

Depends which type of loo you have. Mine takes its flush water from its own tank, not from the main freshwater tank. Although I have the SOG fitted I put a small amount of the pink stuff in the flush tank and a few spots of the blue in the cassette. A bit like belt and braces I know but with always having American style loos in the past am a bit paranoid with the European cassette type now.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We got a SOG ay Lincoln.
Love it !! Absolutely no smells with or without blue

Woman bought some Bio liquid to try so that will be the next tester..

But yep, glad I listened to Richard ( The Scotties ) and had one fitted.. def got my vote now :thumb:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
So if I have read the blurb correctly, the SOG uses a fant to draw the smell away from thebowl when the valve is open, therefore there are no bad odours in the toilet area! Ok then , these bad smells are taken away by the extraction fans and pumped outside. Ok so far.
Now then , you cant smell anything inside but anyone within range of your van will be able to tell when you have been to the loo, from the stink being pumped outside!:roflmto:
Hope no-one has one next to me!:cry:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi MM you are forgetting the charcoal filter on the outside ::bigsmile:
terry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi MM you are forgetting the charcoal filter on the outside ::bigsmile:
terry

yes , and sadly many SOG owners do too.... :RollEyes:

We were next to one on an aire .. and it aint pleasant

also.. if your toilet access door is under your awning, better to route the exhaust pipe to the roof...

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well I deliberately plotted up outside during an 'event' ( :winky: :ROFLMAO: ) and am happy to report zero smell.

Although the chap recommends replacing the filter every two years, for the pennies it costs I shall do mine yearly.. Easy to remember to do as we had it done at Lincoln show so will replace it at Lincoln show

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back